Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cga joins the hats

cga joins the hats

Yup, about a month ago I switched to Fedora Core 3 from Debian Sarge. I think I'll be staying on Fedora for a long time; it is a great distro and makes a killer desktop OS.

Re:cga joins the hats

just wait till you see FC4...

I just installed FC4 actually. I like it a lot. If it can get my laptop to suspend, we'll have a winner.

does it still lock up the cdroms and not eject like fc3? at least on mine it doesnt eject...

Good Guru

FC: Too many horror stories for me to actually try. The last RH I had was RH7.2. That was actually good.

[quote author=burntash link=board=7;threadid=10403;start=0#msg93760 date=1114891741]
    does it still lock up the cdroms and not eject like fc3? at least on mine it doesnt eject...
    [/quote]
    Might be your setup. My cd works fine.

Welcome to the dark side my young apprentice...

[quote author=trickster link=board=7;threadid=10403;start=0#msg93764 date=1114908922]
    [quote author=burntash link=board=7;threadid=10403;start=0#msg93760 date=1114891741]
    [/quote]
    Might be your setup. My cd works fine.
    [/quote]

nope, ubuntu had no problems

ubuntu uses something called pmount in addition to hal/gvm to handle mounting, some setups have problems with either variation. However the HAL developer is a RedHat employee (and a dane... yay), so I have to ask... did you file a bug or are you just complaining aimlessly, because if it isn't in bugzilla it doesn't exist.

nah i didnt file a bug, i googled around and saw that other people share the same experience so i made a very ugly word "assumption" that its been filed.