Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

yum and suse

Thread: yum and suse

yum and suse

I'm running fc3 as a yum sevrer and I update rh and fc boxes - is it possible to make a couple of suse boxes to get and update from yum sevrer?

Re:yum and suse

The posting here doesn't help much, but it does indicate that it's quite possible:

http://servers.linux.com/comments.pl...&cid=83414

I'd start by finding a yum client for SuSE, and then setting up a different directory of packages on your server just like you would for Fedora, but seed them with SuSE packages instead. Use the new server dir for your SuSE clients, and the old server dirs for Fedora boxes.

Update: Just checked. Seems YUM client is dependent on Python and RPM versions. Check out which is right for your SuSE distro and download from here: http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/download.ptml

Let us know how it turns out! I'd be interested in this too.

Good Guru

Re:yum and suse

[quote author=elovkoff link=board=4;threadid=10399;start=0#msg93682 date=1114622399]
    I'm running fc3 as a yum sevrer and I update rh and fc boxes - is it possible to make a couple of suse boxes to get and update from yum sevrer?
    [/quote]

I would check the yum website, but as far as I know that you can without issue.