Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Convert flac to mp3

Thread: Convert flac to mp3

Convert flac to mp3

Hey guys,
    I just used sound-juicer to rip a CD but all the files are in *.flac format. I would like to converted to either *.ogg or *.mp3, preferably mp3. Any ideas on what app does that? Google did not help me much.

Thanks

Re:Convert flac to mp3

Try lame... maybe it'll work.
    If you can rip them as WAV you can definately encode them with lame.

Yeah I used

flac -d $i;

and then piped it to lame to convert it to mp3.

Thanks for the help!

If you want to rip directly to mp3.

From the SoundJuicer help(Help > Contents > Preferences):
    Code:
    If you need to store tracks in the MP3 format (for example, because your portable music player only supports MP3 and not Ogg Vorbis), you will need to create a new profile. To do this, run gnome-audio-profiles-properties, press New and name it MP3. Then press Edit and set GStreamer Pipelineto audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! lame name=enc, the File Extenstion to mp3, and check Active. Then start Sound Juicer and select the MP3 format.This profile uses the LAME MP3 encoder, so you will need to have the GStreamer LAME plugin installed.
    After you do that you can go to Edit > Preferences and set the Output to MP3.

Simple to do.

[quote author=eslackey link=board=2;threadid=10393;start=0#msg93736 date=1114826226]
    If you want to rip directly to mp3.

From the SoundJuicer help(Help > Contents > Preferences):
    Code:
    If you need to store tracks in the MP3 format (for example, because your portable music player only supports MP3 and not Ogg Vorbis), you will need to create a new profile. To do this, run gnome-audio-profiles-properties, press New and name it MP3. Then press Edit and set GStreamer Pipelineto audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! lame name=enc, the File Extenstion to mp3, and check Active. Then start Sound Juicer and select the MP3 format.This profile uses the LAME MP3 encoder, so you will need to have the GStreamer LAME plugin installed.
    After you do that you can go to Edit > Preferences and set the Output to MP3.

Simple to do.
    [/quote]

Sound Juicer keeps segfaulting or it was not working properly. But thanks for the info.

i think
    Code:
    flac -d -o - "$filename" | lame -b 320 -h - > "${filename:0:${#filename}-5}".mp3
    is the full line...ofcourse you can put that in a loop