Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

In Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Japan

In Japan

Tokyo actually
    Its overcast today, but what a LARGE city
    And I have found a wireless spot
    Whoohoo!

Need to find a hotel though....

Re:In Japan

Wow! What are you doing all the way over there??

i was burning out
    needed a vacation

Nice!!

Take some pics!!

Good Guru

Let us know how it is over there for non Japanese-speaking porspective tourists.

I have been interested in going to Tokyo or another large city, or to Munich or Stuttgart. So this info would be worth ... a few beers/shots/beers ...

Stuttgart.. home of the porsche

hope you are haviong a good time Coltrane!

nice!!! I hope you have a fun time ;D

Good Guru

[quote author=Schotty link=board=17;threadid=10286;start=0#msg92813 date=1110518749]
    Let us know how it is over there for non Japanese-speaking porspective tourists.
    [/quote]You won't be speaking your English anytime soon. :-)

One thing about Japan is most do not speak English even in International air terminal. Worst once you leave there. In that respect, Hong Kong is a lot better. Many speak at least a little English including taxi guys.

Coltran;

Don't stay in downtown Tokyo. Go to Shinjuku area. It's about a good an hour worth of train ride but it's well worth it. And then go to Tokyo Dome. The only place in Tokyo where you can get natural warm spring shower (Japanese style :P) but it's so nice and relaxing (except you having to bare to your mother-birth state). I went there in the morning, relax, used free Internet, had massage and all. After I left, I couldn't believe how much rest I had. I slept like a baby there and I was so refresh once I woke up. I had never slept that good since so it will be the first place I will go when I visit Japan next time around.

my hotel was in Nishi-Shinjuku, so I was there most of the time. Posting pictures to my webserver soon, will provide link