Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How to Kill Linux

Thread: How to Kill Linux

Mentor

How to Kill Linux

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1768170,00.asp

The idea here would be to cut the driver layer out of Windows and attach it to Linux directly. This would become MS-Linux. If Microsoft actually produced an MS-Linux that was the standard Linux attached to the driver layer of Windows, giving users full Plug and Play (PnP) support of all their peripherals, nobody would buy any other Linux on the market.

Re:How to Kill Linux

this guy is retarded

[quote author=cloverm link=board=13;threadid=10250;start=0#msg92580 date=1109168723]
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1768170,00.asp

The idea here would be to cut the driver layer out of Windows and attach it to Linux directly.
    [snip]
    nobody would buy any other Linux on the market.
    [/quote]

There's one caveat that Mr.Dovrak misses. That's have this distro come prebundled with 99.99% of all PC-Compatible computers that are sold.

[quote author=burntash link=board=13;threadid=10250;start=0#msg92582 date=1109187833]
    this guy is retarded
    [/quote]

Here here!

This article makes no sense....so MS should selll....windows. Why in the world would MS jump into the linux market? They surly could not sell the drivers he's talking about for the same cost as their current O/S? So why would MS support the concept of Linux (there's no way they could completly snuff it out) and take a healthy paycut to do so. MS would only be validating the linux experiance with a MS-Linux version.

My guess is that if this secret project really does exsist, MS would have completed the project just to see if it could be done and to see how vurnarable they are to another distro trying to do the same thing.

Mr Dvorak also misses the "firefox" principle. People are tired of Microsoft. THey are tired of all the windows problems, the security holes, the spyware, the poor performance issues and everything else that comes with the Windows Experiance. Why in the world would anyone leave Windows to go to MS-Linux? Why not just stick with Windows where you know your drivers work, you can get all your high end software you already know how to use, and you don't have migration issues and a new O/S to learn?

I sure didn't switch to linux because I thought it would be easier! Besides, there are already distros out there that are PnP compliant. I have yet to find a device that Xandros has not dectected and instantly work. Now, I admit, I haven't tried a lot of devices but so far everything I've thrown at it has worked.

In short, Why would microsoft compete with themselves? I can't beleive an editor actually allowed this type of stuff to come to print. It makes NO sense.

If you want to know how to kill Linux...it's pretty simple. MS should build a superior O/S that makes linux look like the small time player they think it is. They should stop their current business practices and put the customer back as the number one priority instead of treating them as the companies biggest threat. In short, MS needs to become a new company that actually competes by having superior products, not by bullying everyone on the block. But that won't happen...so Linux will become a larger thorn in his side until either MS finally improves or they drive themselves out of business with their current practices.

attaching such a layer would be legally very tricky I think.. anyways, not going to happen