Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NHLPA

Hybrid View

NHLPA

Tsk tsk tsk
    There are not enough expltives to describe the stupidity of the NHLPA.

[edit=Hopefully this articel won't require a subscription][/edit]

Re:NHLPA

I can't view the article (registration req) but I know what it's about.

All I can say is :'(

Mentor

i am absolutly furious at both parties involved the only ones suffering are the fans!!!

Good Guru

[quote author=boblucci link=board=14;threadid=10240;start=0#msg92467 date=1108689906]
    i am absolutly furious at both parties involved the only ones suffering are the fans!!!
    [/quote]

Yes. I agree. I dont know which side is worse.

I think the players. The majority of the media sides with them, but in the end they're the ones who got greed[y|ier].

Good Guru

So do the owners. Although the Canadian players do get kinda hosed, getting paid in US dollars. I think that both sides are looking ONLY at what is absolutely perfect for them and will settle for nothing less. Considering that the players are playing a sport that have lower attendance than alot of sports (horseracing, boxing, figure skating), they do need to realize that they cannot get paid MLB/NBA/NFL/NASCAR rates. The one thing they do have is zealot fans that can get pissed off and will pay the extra for digital cable or whatever to get ESPN/Fox world sports and watch Euro hockey. I know MANY people that did this very recently.

Plus that also gives you access to AFL (Aussie Rules Football) Rugby rocks.

Yea - these guys are entertaining And I am not even a fan

I'll agree that both sides are being greedy, but I'd have to go with the players being greediest. Good players may not make as much as some other sport, but they still make milllions. They make in a year what most people do in 20. There are academics and researchers around the world who are working for the betterment of humanity, doing incredible things, and some guy skating around with a stick eclipses their earnings by an order of magnitude.

Not that I don't love hockey, but I see no justice in that arrangement. The last thing these guys need is more money.

Good Guru

[quote author=Countach44 link=board=14;threadid=10240;start=0#msg92494 date=1108770784]
    Or AHL:
    http://www.chicagowolves.com/ ;D
    [/quote]

I can take the bus for 10 minutes or so to go see the Admirals whenever I want. I love AHL. I got it in my backyard. I still will drive and pay out my ass to park, but that is another issue ....