Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What To Get?

Kind Mastermind

Re:What To Get?

[quote author=Saptech link=board=3;threadid=10195;start=0#msg92227 date=1107457337]
    Are you using OSX on the G3?

[/quote]

Yes, I am. 10.2.8, to be exact. Smooth as buttah!

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Saptech link=board=3;threadid=10195;start=0#msg92413 date=1108405399]
    I've ordered my Mini Mac with 512mb Ram & one of those wireless Airport Cards.

Should get it within two weeks, hopefully.

[/quote]

Keep us posted, man! I am seriously thinking about buying one for my kids. It seems like a really good buy. Not to mention that Macs are the only computers that their school has.

Cheers

I put in order on Feb. 14, and apple.com said should get it on or before March 8th, I think.

I will keep you posted. I'm leaning towards Debian first.

ubuntu has worked the best for my ibook so far.

Thnx. I may try Ubuntu first. I already have the disc for the PPC and AMD64 versions.

I'm still waiting on the Mini Mac. Takes about 3 weeks or so! :

i had just gotten a nice $400 tax return and its time to upgrade my p4 2.4ghz pc, so i had to choose between amd64 3500+ 2.2ghz and a p4 3.4ghz. I had looked at benchmarks and turns out rumors true, amd good for games and intel good for applications/multimedia. I really like intel, its always been a higher quality product that runs faster, more stable, and cooler. However, being a gamer, against my better judgement i just went ahead and ordered the AMD64 3500+, when i couple it up with my radeon 9800 and hopefully order a 1gb dual channel kit, this pc will be quite the beast. anywho, its time to try out these amd64s and see how they run.

Oh man, I got my Mac on... ;D ... I finally got the mini mac Thursday and tried it out, but the new ps2/usb keyboard I bought for it didn't work. It's a bad keyboard and sending it back.

Saturday, I went to the local Radio Shack and bought a usb/ps2 adapter and now have it up & running. With my new 15" LCD flat panel vga monitor, I like the mini mac so far.

OSX does have a Linux look & feel to it but is different. I just have to play around with it more. I installed Firefox because I don't really like Safari browser, it doesn't have tabs. I also put Yahoo messenger on it since that's my main messenger program. I wonder is there a Gaim version for the Mac?

Just some thoughts...

Oh and I will be an Apple fanatic for awhile but alway will be a Linux crackpot! ;D

[quote author=Saptech link=board=3;threadid=10195;start=0#msg92750 date=1110092343]
    I installed Firefox because I don't really like Safari browser, it doesn't have tabs.
    [/quote]

thats weird, my Safari has tabs, all i gotta do is hit apple key + t

:P

[quote author=burntash link=board=3;threadid=10195;start=0#msg92754 date=1110102113]
    [quote author=Saptech link=board=3;threadid=10195;start=0#msg92750 date=1110092343]
    I installed Firefox because I don't really like Safari browser, it doesn't have tabs.
    [/quote]

thats weird, my Safari has tabs, all i gotta do is hit apple key + t

:P
    [/quote]
    I don't have an apple keyboard, I can't just go in the menu and choose tabs?

you should be able to, ya...