Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What To Get?

What To Get?

Hi guys/gals. I am wondering what to get when I receive my tax refund, a used Mac computer or build me an AMD64 system?

I will have around $500 to play with. I probably can find a used Mac G3 for that amount, but can I run OSX on a Blue & White G3?

For the AMD64, I already have some parts I would need.

Undecided at the moment. What do you think?

Thnx.

Kind Mastermind

Re:What To Get?

[quote author=trickster link=board=3;threadid=10195;start=0#msg92164 date=1107176738]
    http://www.apple.com/macmini/
    [/quote]

That's what I was going to suggest! Good deal! I'm going to buy one for my kids in the next couple of months (I'll wait until I get back and take care of some other stuff first).

Cheers

I am extremly tempted on getting that and putting linux on it. I even get 30 bucks off from work. But I will wait till someone has put linux on it first.

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=3;threadid=10195;start=0#msg92169 date=1107187110]
    I am extremly tempted on getting that and putting linux on it. I even get 30 bucks off from work. But I will wait till someone has put linux on it first.
    [/quote]
    So you would rather have Linux on it then OSX? Just curious.

Thnx.

I'd dual boot the sucker. An 80 gb HDD, 40 gb partitions for each OS, that is more then enough. If only the Mac Mini had a TVOut, it would replace my DVD player in a heart beat. 8)

AMD64! AMD64!

[quote author=Saptech link=board=3;threadid=10195;start=0#msg92170 date=1107187271]
    [quote author=gmoreno link=board=3;threadid=10195;start=0#msg92169 date=1107187110]
    [/quote]
    So you would rather have Linux on it then OSX? Just curious.

Thnx.

[/quote]
    I would dual boot. Maybe have it as my OS X box plus keep the box I have. But If I had only the min then I would deffently dual boot.

I would go with AMD64. :-)

Don't go with the ADM64 though. I heard AMD was better than the ADM. countach44

I was reading a review of the Mini Mac and from it it states, for those thinking of buying one.

Apple should not be allowed to sell any system with OS X with less than 512MB of memory; and you shouldn't buy the mini with less than 512MB of memory. It's as simple as that.
    The complete article is http://www.anandtech.com/mac/showdoc.aspx?i=2328.