Thread: What tuxedo to wear?

Hybrid View

What tuxedo to wear?

Anyone have any idea on what tuxedo I should wear. Atleast the overal style? My fiancee says she has a formal wedding dress. So what tuxedo should I wear. Should I wear a Penguin Tuxedo? or what?

Re:What tuxedo to wear?

humm - i gots to go with the nice one w/o tails.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=14;threadid=10194;start=0#msg92150 date=1106988069]
    Should I wear a Penguin Tuxedo?
    [/quote]

There are others?!

Get one of those that comes with the grey coat. Their nice!

Mentor

wear the one jim carey wore in Dumb and Dumber

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=14;threadid=10194;start=0#msg92150 date=1106988069]
    Anyone have any idea on what tuxedo I should wear. Atleast the overal style? My fiancee says she has a formal wedding dress. So what tuxedo should I wear. Should I wear a Penguin Tuxedo? or what?
    [/quote]

I'm going to assume that you are talking about a tux for you wedding. Well, there are a lot of great choices out there. You could try one of the collarless ones with the tab-style tie. You could go with a top hat and tails. You could go for the standard prom-type. Or, as boblucci mentioned, you could really get wild and get one those nifty frilly tuxedos with a wild color. I might suggest that you wear running shoes with it, though, as your fiance might try to chase your butt down and try to kick it all over God's green Earth.

In all seriousness, I would suggest getting some suggestions from your fiance and then pick the one that looks best on you. I'm sure you can get ahold of Bride magazine and look at the various tux styles. It's best if she feels like she has contributed to the decision making process. Just don't let her tell you what you are going to wear. Make sure it's as close to 50/50 as possible.

Cheers

Good Guru

Wear a cake.

Ok thank for the tips. Schotty: Maybe If I wear a Dumb and Dumber tux I might get to wear the cake.

It seems like no one likes penguin tux. I talked to my fiancee about tuxes and her style/like are totally not what I like. So many choices. I think I will bring my bro with me for some help.

Puke green! Puke green!

classic black with a traditional bowtie - can't ever go wrong