Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Fav. music format. .ogg .mp3 .aac ... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fav. music format. .ogg .mp3 .aac ...

Good Guru

Re:Fav. music format. .ogg .mp3 .aac ...

[quote author=Countach44 link=board=14;threadid=10140;start=0#msg91883 date=1105842705]
    Beatles - the most overrated band ever.
    [/quote]

Dont feel alone anymore. I have had problems finding others who dislike the beatles. Gimme Cream instead.

Iron Butterfly, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, and Eric Clapton (who influenced Hendrix) were all way more influential than The Beatles.

the beatles can be as influential to other bands as well, i still think they blow. :P

[quote author=Countach44 link=board=14;threadid=10140;start=0#msg91903 date=1105917114]
    Iron Butterfly, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, and Eric Clapton (who influenced Hendrix) were all way more influential than The Beatles.
    [/quote]

Eric Clapton was way better when he got out and did solo stuff, I mean cream was lame three album band. If you ever heard his MTV-Unplugged session you'd have a hard time arguing otherwise.

Beatles, Beatles .... Hmmm. They're all right, but not never my top pick (or even in my top 10).

Hendrix is cool, especially in his jam sessions (pre processed Hendrix sucks). Hendrix was way influenced by the blues and you can trace most of his riffs back to some blues musician.

My favorite band at the moment is The Who. I'f you've never heard or watched The Who's "Tommy", "Quadrophenia", or "A quick one. (While he's away)" you're missing out. Trust me this band is hot. For instance there's this TV performance where the drummer (Keith Moon) blows up his drums and just pummels the guitarist ear drums (Pete Townshend). Crazy stuff!

Anyway as for music format in the lossy department I prefer Ogg format, and Flac in the lossless department. Nuts to aac and mp3.

[quote author=Countach44 link=board=14;threadid=10140;start=0#msg91903 date=1105917114]
    [/quote] Is that an opinion, or do you have any factual backing for that?

Beatles Influence

I like ogg better .... though AAC's are high on the list for me.

I didn't think "The Who" would count for this time period, but I guess I was wrong. I don't think the beatles influenced the stuff I listen to as much as those that I listed (I like - Led Zepplin, AC/DC, Rush, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Ted Nugent, etc...)

[/quote]
    I doubt Clapton influenced Jimi Hendrix. They may have liked each other's playing abilities.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading it in a biography. I think that may have been one of the reasons he played a strat (Jimi).

I dunno - revolution number 11 sounded great in acc format , and inagaddadavita was pretty sweet in mp3 format.

i briefly considered lighting up some illicit material to see what would have the bigger influence on me while i was under the influence, then remembered i don't do that stuff.

then i listened to the Smetana's 'The Moldau' in ogg format - scratched my hiney and went to bed.