Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Get the forcast

Thread: Get the forcast

Associate

Get the forcast

On my Mandrakelinux system. I can get the weather forecast from the command line by typing

>weather ewk

(I'm in New Jersey). Any airport code will work. If you put your state abbreviation in (ie: NJ) then you get a list of codes.

This is done via telnet to:
    http://www.wunderground.com/

Pretty cool to show a M$ windows user!

Hey, now thats cool. I never knew that was even on my system. Thanks for the heads up!
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Re: Get the forcast

I don't have a Mandrakelinux in hands

If it just a script, can someone send it to me? or just send a whole package which has it? or url to the package?

Thank you in advance

Eh, I just use ForcastFox (available on the main Firefox plugin site).

Quote Originally Posted by Pugio";p="4777
    Eh, I just use ForcastFox (available on the main Firefox plugin site).
    I do too... but from command line...?

No. But as I'm using FireFox all the time anyway....

Actually, at one point I did make a script that did this. It would dowload local weather data/images and display them as my desktop background. I even had it animated at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugio";p="4780
    local weather data/images and display them as my desktop background. I even had it animated at one point.
    just fyi gdesklets have a couple of nice weather reporting facilities. and gdesklets look very nice on a desktop :-)

I wanted a command line tool because I spend most of my time in command line tools. Firefox is always opened but I just want to become more geeky :-)