Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Hardware check program in Linux

Thread: Hardware check program in Linux

Good Guru

Hardware check program in Linux

If I run the program, it can list ALL of the hardware that's currently on the system including CPU type, memory and stuff? LSPCI would be a command line of what could be part of that program but I'm looking for GUI based?

For example, in Windows, if I run "System Information", it will list what it's on the computer, what is installed such as type of NIC card and stuff without needing to open up the box.

I want to buy an old Linux notebook but I just can't take whatever the seller says it's plus I can't take the notebook all apart there to check anyway. So what if I could run a program and it will display what's all there?

I think I remember something when I was playing with KDE but I can't really recall the name or even if it's I'm not sure I've seen is what really what I'm having in mind right now.

Any ideas?

TIA

Good Guru

Re:Hardware check program in Linux

I know GNOME and KDE both do have that, plus lspci and dmesg can tell you most of that same info. I am not at my linux terminal, but I can post the specific names later.

Good Guru

Well, anyway, I bought the Toshiba Tecra 8100 laptop which according to Toshiba site, have at least P III 600. Slap in another 128 MB RAM and its original 6 GB drive, it should be a decent machine to work with. The only thing is it has (Cough!) RH 7.0 (Cough!) on it and I'm gonna load SuSE on it which recently Novell sent me to see how that thing goes. I hear SuSE is good with laptops.

Good Guru

Gosh, my lappy is loaded with SuSE 9.0 Enterprise Linux Server. YaST hasn't disappoint me (yet!) and SuSE had doen a good job of making things easier (while dumping down some stuff, I mean after all it's Enterprise distro after all why treat them like a brand new techie?) but it's good.