Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Scan Port 22

Thread: Scan Port 22

Scan Port 22

Hey - Guys -

I'm out of town - however, when I try to SSH into my box - i get a couldn't connect error (through PuTTY on a WinXP). If you could post the results of:

nmap grumble.mine.nu

I'd really appreciate it

I can reach my site - http://grumble.mine.nu (port 80)

Re:Scan Port 22

I only scanned ports 1-120, but here's what I got
    Code:
    22/tcp  open   ssh
    25/tcp  open   smtp
    80/tcp  open   http
    113/tcp closed auth

[quote author=Countach44 link=board=4;threadid=10039;start=0#msg90975 date=1102214605]
    I only scanned ports 1-120, but here's what I got
    Code:
    22/tcp  open   ssh
    25/tcp  open   smtp
    80/tcp  open   http
    113/tcp closed auth
    [/quote]

Thank You Very Much! (karma++). Hm . I am on a Windows XP Machine (ew... ) and I was trying to use PuTTY to connect to my box. However, it says: Host name not found, No such host, connection denied.

It refuses to connect. Is that caused due to Windows' Firewall (or any Firewall) or is that just PuTTY's fault ?

Try using the IP address (69.208.182.208) instead of the hostname. BTW, I also got the same results as countach44 with nmap.

[quote author=chessforce link=board=4;threadid=10039;start=0#msg90983 date=1102223029]
    Try using the IP address (69.208.182.208) instead of the hostname. BTW, I also got the same results as countach44 with nmap.
    [/quote]

I did - still ended up with the same result. On a Machine with Win2k - it works fine. ???

[quote author=Shebang link=board=4;threadid=10039;start=0#msg90991 date=1102259673]
    [quote author=chessforce link=board=4;threadid=10039;start=0#msg90983 date=1102223029]
    [/quote]

I did - still ended up with the same result. On a Machine with Win2k - it works fine. ???
    [/quote]

Putty works fine under win2k but not winxp? Sounds like you either have a crappy download of putty (ie, retry it), or it's just broken on your install. You could always take the long way around and grab cygwin from http://www.cygwin.com/ . That will give you all kinds of unix tools, including ssh if you tell it to install it.

As a miscellaneous note if you do decide to install cygwin: if you set your %PATH% variable under windows to include C:\Cygwin\bin and C:\Cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin you'll get a decent complement of unix tools available to you from a C: prompt. It's great...I can ls, cp, mv, ssh, and scp as if I were on a linux install. For an example of something really cool, I can start X by typing "startxwin", ssh into my school's solaris boxes with "ssh -Y username@hostname", and use all kinds of X-based apps over ssh (due to the use of -Y with ssh) from Windows!

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=4;threadid=10039;start=0#msg90995 date=1102272379]
    [quote author=Shebang link=board=4;threadid=10039;start=0#msg90991 date=1102259673]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Putty works fine under win2k but not winxp? Sounds like you either have a crappy download of putty (ie, retry it), or it's just broken on your install. You could always take the long way around and grab cygwin from http://www.cygwin.com/ . That will give you all kinds of unix tools, including ssh if you tell it to install it.

As a miscellaneous note if you do decide to install cygwin: if you set your %PATH% variable under windows to include C:\Cygwin\bin and C:\Cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin you'll get a decent complement of unix tools available to you from a C: prompt. It's great...I can ls, cp, mv, ssh, and scp as if I were on a linux install. For an example of something really cool, I can start X by typing "startxwin", ssh into my school's solaris boxes with "ssh -Y username@hostname", and use all kinds of X-based apps over ssh (due to the use of -Y with ssh) from Windows!
    [/quote]

Yeah I knew 'bout Cygwin. I have it installed on my dad's winXP machine. But I didn't know about %PATH% -- Thanks!

I'm back home with my Linux Box