Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

XFCE 4.2 RC1 is out!

Thread: XFCE 4.2 RC1 is out!

XFCE 4.2 RC1 is out!

http://www.xfce.org/

Lots of nifty features on the list, including a built-in compositing manager in the wm (you can see the drop-shadows in the screenshots of the 4.1.x series). In short it looks hot. If NLD proves to be a little much for my 600MHz laptop to handle, XFCE is a close second choice.

Re:XFCE 4.2 RC1 is out!

Darn! I just emerged xfce4 4.0.6 - :-/ oh -well i'll just re-emerge xfce once the new one releases.

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=6;threadid=10020;start=0#msg90886 date=1101695061]
    http://www.xfce.org/

Lots of nifty features on the list, including a built-in compositing manager in the wm (you can see the drop-shadows in the screenshots of the 4.1.x series). In short it looks hot. If NLD proves to be a little much for my 600MHz laptop to handle, XFCE is a close second choice.
    [/quote]

I am currently running the un-official Slackware GNU/Linux 10 binaries of XFCE 4.2RC1 (it is not compiled with the compositing features) along with the XFCE 4.0.6 goodies (which are compatible with the new release) and all I can say is that it is great!!! It has definitely surpassed GNOME as my favorite GNU/Linux Desktop Enviroment.

I couldn't wait so i'm emerging (as in the process is now 8 of 26), 4.1.99.1

So should be close enough..

Yep. It rocks - Currently running xfce4-4.1.99.1 Should be fun playing around with it - Thanks Tyr, Chessforce for talking 'bout xfce - i had emerged the older version but all the troubles i went through to emerge xfce4 (4.1.99.1) are all worth it...
    For gentoo-users, trouble == masking/unmasking...

You can find the installer here -> http://xfce-installers.os-cillation.com/ <-, installing XFCE was never easier.

Have fun! :^)

i havent used it in awhile, loved it when i did

[quote author=cassius link=board=6;threadid=10020;start=0#msg90918 date=1101871534]
    You can find the installer here -> http://xfce-installers.os-cillation.com/ <-, installing XFCE was never easier.

Have fun! :^)
    [/quote]

Thanks Yeah. it's a simple bash script. They've been working on it for a while now.

XFCE 4.2 RC2 is Out

http://www.xfce.org

[me=Shebang]is wating for the Final Version.[/me]

Re:XFCE 4.2 RC2 is Out

[quote author=Shebang link=board=6;threadid=10020;start=0#msg91293 date=1103431175]
    http://www.xfce.org

[me=Shebang]is wating for the Final Version.[/me]
    [/quote]

I am currently running it. This version, however, required me to compile several XFCE goodies before they would work. In RC1, the ones compiled for XFCE 4.0.6 worked without a problem.

P.S. I recommend trying out Terminal (XFCE goodie). It is a compelling replacement for gnome-terminal.