Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Suggestion to any interested : New forum for common issues
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion to any interested : New forum for common issues

Good Guru

Suggestion to any interested : New forum for common issues

I started a thread for odd FC3 issues due to the fact the I had to do more research that I thought needbe to get my system up and rocking. Howabout Novell/SuSE, Mandrake, Lindows, Ubuntu, Debian, FreeBSD ones too? I think that this could provide alot of aid to the newcomers to linux land, and some new faces here.

I am already on for FC's, since by far it has been the most productive OS I have used for desktops. Lets get volunteers for the other ones. I see no reason not to do one for whatever distro we have a volunteer for. I would suggest making a separate forum for this, to keep it clean.

Re:Suggestion to any interested : New forum for common issues

[me=Shebang]supports the idea.[/me]

Good Guru

Isn't it the "distributions" area for this kind of stuff? If needed, we can further break down that forum per distros such as Debian, Fedora, FBSD and stuff. Right now, all is under one big forum.

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=18;threadid=10017;start=0#msg91131 date=1102885814]
    Isn't it the "distributions" area for this kind of stuff? If needed, we can further break down that forum per distros such as Debian, Fedora, FBSD and stuff. Right now, all is under one big forum.
    [/quote]

Yeah - I'd kinda support that because then we could have tips and tricks for each distro. Known issues/solutions for each distro. Usage of Package Management. etc.

Nice Idea Compunuts! karma++

Mentor

why cant we have "sub" forums in the disribution forum?

[quote author=boblucci link=board=18;threadid=10017;start=0#msg91163 date=1102972009]
    [/quote]

why should we?

Mentor

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=18;threadid=10017;start=0#msg91174 date=1102990439]
    [quote author=boblucci link=board=18;threadid=10017;start=0#msg91163 date=1102972009]
    [/quote]

why should we?
    [/quote]

What do you mean why should we?

I thought the question was if we want to add a forum for each distro like what compunuts sugjested

whats wrong with making a Mandrake or Redhat forum under the distribution forum. If you have a mandrake problem you go right there rather than searching thru the distribution forum. I think it would look cleaner and be easier to find a solution to your problem.

Kind Mastermind

I agree with boblucci. Making it cleaner makes more sense. I forget which forum had it, but there was/is a forum that has seperate headings for Mandrake, Slack, etc. It just makes sense, to me anyway.

Cheers

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=18;threadid=10017;start=0#msg91199 date=1103061150]
    I agree with boblucci. Making it cleaner makes more sense. I forget which forum had it, but there was/is a forum that has seperate headings for Mandrake, Slack, etc. It just makes sense, to me anyway.

Cheers
    [/quote]

I believe it is: http://www.linuxquestions.org
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...&forumid=5
    I also agree with boblucci/stryder44

Good Guru

That is pretty much what I was getting at in the end. I think that makes life a bit easier for looking for distro specific help.