Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Re:Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

I'm across the country from my main family soI usually do thanksgiving at my aunt's house. She does something that's absolutely ridiculous with the bird. Before putting it in the oven, stuff a layer of double-smoked bacon under the skin and then cook as usual. The bacon flavours become embedded in the meat and the result is absolutely staggering. It's still turkey, but with a hint of something extra.

bacon makes everything better.

happy thanksgiving.

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=17;threadid=10009;start=0#msg90774 date=1101350203]
    I'm across the country from my main family soI usually do thanksgiving at my aunt's house. She does something that's absolutely ridiculous with the bird. Before putting it in the oven, stuff a layer of double-smoked bacon under the skin and then cook as usual. The bacon flavours become embedded in the meat and the result is absolutely staggering. It's still turkey, but with a hint of something extra.
    [/quote]

A hint of heart attack and clogged ateries?

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I would like to take this moment to thank the Linux Junior community, other support communities, and countless OSS developers around the world!

Mentor

I stuffed myself with turkey today. I just stayed away from yams and turnips. Those things just don't agree with my stomach.

Today I'm thankful to the veterans that fought in past wars and to the troops fighting overseas today, so we can spend days like this with our loved ones. God bless all of them.

I am thankful for Service Members past and present as well, independent of your political views, you should feel thankful that people would give their lives so you wouldn't lose yours.

Ditto. Thanks to both the men and women keeping us safe tonight and those that gave up their lives to keep the rest safe!

i had 4 donuts for Thanksgiving dinner

Mentor

[quote author=coltrane link=board=17;threadid=10009;start=#msg90808 date=1101466801]
    i had 4 donuts for Thanksgiving dinner
    [/quote]

<Homer voice>Hmmm, donuts!</>

Good Guru

[quote author=cloverm link=board=17;threadid=10009;start=0#msg90805 date=1101438687]
    Today I'm thankful to the veterans that fought in past wars and to the troops fighting overseas today, so we can spend days like this with our loved ones.
    [/quote]
    Except the fighting overseas part, the rest I agree. Every country achieved their safety home without having to send their soldiers overseas except a few; mainly US.
    I talked to my cousin and he didn't have thanksgiving dinner. He didn't like turkey anyway.