Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Yasser Arafat died at 75
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yasser Arafat died at 75

Hybrid View

Yasser Arafat died at 75

CNN just confirmed it, and since Dan Rather has nothing to do with this, I guess we can trust it.

Like him or not, he certainly altered the course of the world, sad to see him go like that.

Re:Yasser Arafat died at 75

oh the times we live in.....

Good Guru

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=9973;start=0#msg90420 date=1100148005]
    Like him or not, he certainly altered the course of the world, sad to see him go like that.
    [/quote]

Yeah there were worse and more fitting ways.

This is the best thing that happened to the Palestinian people in a long time. Now there is a faint ray of hope that there will be peace with Israel.

[quote author=Schotty link=board=17;threadid=9973;start=0#msg90431 date=1100183450]
    [quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=9973;start=0#msg90420 date=1100148005]
    [/quote]

Yeah there were worse and more fitting ways.
    [/quote]

Nah he was always a powerful speaker, I kinda imagined he would just keal over one day during an interview and die suddenly of a stroke.

I personally had a lot of respect for his cause, but not always his methods.

I think he did a lot more for peace than you guys are giving him credit for.

I do believe he recvd the Nobel Peace Prize in 98, after denouncing terrorism. Most people will remember him for what he did/supported when he was younger, much like Malcolm X before he came back from Mecca.

Remind me, what exactly did he achieve? How did his actions make the Palestinian people's life better?

Let's face it, he was a terrorist leader. While I support the Palestinians' struggle for freedom and their land, I denounce their methods.

Good Guru

[quote author=kavarogep link=board=17;threadid=9973;start=0#msg90472 date=1100276031]
    Remind me, what exactly did he achieve? How did his actions make the Palestinian people's life better?[/quote]
    Like it or not, he was the symbol of Palenstinians' struggle. Without his present, Palestinians will never have Gaza as well as their own authority.

Let's face it, he was a terrorist leader.
    That's much to debate. Although there were many terrorists organizations, The Fatah movement and PLO had never been complicated in any terrorist activities. It's just that he openly support them. He denounced that later.

While I support the Palestinians' struggle for freedom and their land, I denounce their methods.
    And what method do you suggest? Telling Israel to please give Palestine their homeland? Begging Israel?
    Have you ever having to fight for your own freedom and rights??
    By that accord, why did George Washington needed to have revolt against England if all we needed to do was asked them to give us freedom in America?? :

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=17;threadid=9973;start=0#msg90486 date=1100302507]
    By that accord, why did George Washington needed to have revolt against England if all we needed to do was asked them to give us freedom in America?? :
    [/quote]

That's odd, because through patience, and loyalty to the crown, Canada was given freedom. We never needed to fight the Brits for our freedom.

I'm not saying that Isreal would simply give Palestine their homeland, that's a topic I'd rather not get into, I'm just saying that it's a poor analogy.