Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Libranet: Love at First Byte

How about a 40 foot pole? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Error

I have taped two 10 foot polls together and I still would not use them to touch Libranet. That puts me back on topic!

Ubuntu
    Would you consider a 40 foot pole? :-)

I see that you like Ubuntu. That's cool, to each his own.

Mentor

No!

Mas, Libranet was the first distro I could really get up and running, because of that it isn't on my hit list! I could not abide the forum, I saw many folks leave because of a few intolerant fools.

I sure hope you are not looking for some type of "forum-decorum" here, cause I don't think it will ever happen. We often joke about how FAR off topic we get.

The crew of the f00 is the finest group of nerds anywhere! We are very open and I feel that I know more about the members than just their 'nixness.

I don't know anything about Linux or computers, I am old and not too swift. But I sure know that my questions will get good answers even if I post in the wrong spot or don't use the right words! Nice people here!

Re: Not the same

Quote Originally Posted by masinick
    Quote Originally Posted by mcangeli
    You can do all that stuff in Slackware its called a terminal
    Perhaps you did not intend your comment this way, perhaps you did, but there seems to be some sarcasm there that might be better placed in a Slackware thread. This is a distro specific thread and we are discussing Debian-based distributions. ....
    Don't sweat mcangeli, he's slack-whipped. :roll:
    jro - http://jeff.robbins.ws
    Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Mentor

Slack-a$$ed is better than being a winders wahlla

Jro, have you seen Toxie yet? I worship Toxie. I want to be Toxie

The Toxic Advenger RULES!

I've had very good success with Libranet. It's prolly THE distro that got me gah gah over Debian in the first place :mrgreen: . I've done just as much with other Debian flavors tho, so I really don't feel like paying for Deb right now.

Micromanaging admins = Slackware users (Not that there's anything wrong with that ) . Code your own. Build your own. Manage your own (or learn how to do all that... Vi/vim is your friend) .

Average desktop users = Your fav Debian distro here:__________ . Try everything, and learn yo ass off (with good, clean packages for newbies to boot! ) .

Choice is a good ting, donchaknow :mrgreen: .
    Steve

Never tried libranet, from the screenshots, there administration utilities look good, just guis to command line tools. Oddly enough for me i didnt start with a debian based distro after core 2 i went straight to sarge and its my favorite distro, for ease of use. I have gentoo for tinkering, actually ive trashed my installs a couple of times so i could reinstall gentoo. Could i get this choice with commercial operating systems i dont think so, thus why i like linux. Tried slackware, just didnt find it too inticing, gentoo had a majority of the same features, that i ike from slackware, but with a great package manager. Gotta love portage, and apt.

I don't know, I did try a debian distribution once. On an alpha. Wasn't too impressed. Have ubuntu installed in VM ware at home... again, not too impressed....

The thing is ubuntu is a splinter from debian no where near as stable as sarge, in fact its from the unstable branch. Personally i have never been impressed with the debian based distros, plain debian, but to each his own.