Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Since I was sensored.. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Since I was sensored..

Re:Since I was sensored..

[quote author=Dusk_Knight link=board=14;threadid=9965;start=0#msg90422 date=1100150271]
    [quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=9965;start=0#msg90418 date=1100147171]
    Maybe we should just disband the forum, seriously - there's nearly no technical support being given, all we do is debate politics and other none related stuff..

When did it stop being about Linux?
    [/quote]

It depends on which boards you take part in, if your an off-topic/playground person, of course your gunna see discussions like that.

If you dont like it, dont post in the threat. all there is to it. the right of ignoreing.
    [/quote]
    I agree. Cloverm at some point asked if the off-topic discussions should be removed from the Recent Discussions list. Most people agreed that it should not.
    I am sad to see members leave. However, only two people have ever been banned (to my knowledge.) Everyone else that leave, does so of his/her own accord.

Trickster, you should have deleted this thread and sent the author a private message. Thus preventing the whole ordeal.

[quote author=cassius link=board=14;threadid=9965;start=0#msg90433 date=1100184552]
    Trickster, you should have deleted this thread and sent the author a private message. Thus preventing the whole ordeal.
    [/quote]
    I'll keep that in mind.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=9965;start=0#msg90418 date=1100147171]
    Maybe we should just disband the forum, seriously - there's nearly no technical support being given, all we do is debate politics and other none related stuff..

When did it stop being about Linux?
    [/quote]

It's still about linux. This same crowd that debates politics will jump in and help someone in need of tech support...whenever there's need. It just so happens that tech support doesn't pop up as often as it used to so the offtopic forum surges

Seriously you guys have solved a whole bunch of issues I ran into this fall when I set up a file/mail server. I chime in when I can to help someone else. Much of the board still is technically-oriented..just the offtopic forum also happens to be buzzing.

Good Guru

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=14;threadid=9965;start=0#msg90452 date=1100199838]
    This same crowd that debates politics will jump in and help someone in need of tech support...whenever there's need. It just so happens that tech support doesn't pop up as often as it used to so the offtopic forum surges [/quote]
    This is not isolated at LJR. Many boards I visit, this is the same thing.

Techsupport not having enough topics is very dependence of many factors. Less newbie crowd, us not tinkering enough to create problems, more familiarily with Linux, much more Linux popularility so there are many more places that people can get Linux help with and so on. More is also that the same crowd that made up LJR in its high time have moved on to things other than Linux.

Much of the board still is technically-oriented..just the offtopic forum also happens to be buzzing.
    I agree and it's natural.

I just feel that sometimes some are just too politically-correct oriented (no pun intented). If people dont' have thick skin, they should never involved in debates. There are times I don't visit Off-topic and Playgound area.

Can we just close this thread now?

Good Guru

Why?

No idea what the post was, but being in off topic.. sounds like bullshit moderation to me. This is the internet, if you can't handle the heat go back to kindergarden.

[quote author=vvx link=board=14;threadid=9965;start=0#msg90697 date=1101105576]
    No idea what the post was, but being in off topic.. sounds like bullshit moderation to me. This is the internet, if you can't handle the heat go back to kindergarden.
    [/quote]
    We have rules, for the benefit of everyone. They apply to all the forums, including Off-Topic. I'm sorry that you don't like it, but that is the way it is. It was necessary to make it so, after we ran into multiple issues in the past.