Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Fedora Core Release 3 Released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fedora Core Release 3 Released

Fedora Core Release 3 Released

Re:Fedora Core Release 3 Released

Who's Heidelberg?

???

By far the best mirror I just tried has been these 2 I already have discs 1, 4 and the rescue disc all from this first one and in less than 20 minutes.
    ftp://ftp.net.usf.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/
    ftp://ftp.cse.buffalo.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/

<edit>
    I have the whole thing now ;D ;D ;D ;D
    </edit>

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=19;threadid=9958;start=0#msg90314 date=1099933778]
    Who's Heidelberg?

???
    [/quote]

Every Fedora Core release is named after a city, this one is a german one - the home of the first european Linux conference as I recall.

finally got some cd-r's so i can burn it. i hate stingy cd-r bastards who have like a 100 cd spindle with 90 left and you take a few and they act like you just stole $50 out of their wallet. the rate at which these people use cd-rs, ill be suprised if he can use all of em within a year hell make it two. :

[quote author=burntash link=board=19;threadid=9958;start=0#msg90319 date=1099937811]
    i hate stingy cd-r bastards who have like a 100 cd spindle with 90 left and you take a few and they act like you just stole $50 out of their wallet. the rate at which these people use cd-rs, ill be suprised if he can use all of em within a year hell make it two. :
    [/quote]

I hate moochers.

i hate moochers too

fedora core 3 isnt bad, its actually pretty polished, one thing that is annoying me however is the cd issues. i get drive errors and then it wont eject my cd unless i get in the cmd line with root and type "eject". other than that its a pretty nice distro.

[quote author=burntash link=board=19;threadid=9958;start=0#msg90765 date=1101339928]
    fedora core 3 isnt bad, its actually pretty polished, one thing that is annoying me however is the cd issues. i get drive errors and then it wont eject my cd unless i get in the cmd line with root and type "eject". other than that its a pretty nice distro.
    [/quote]

I used to get that with FC2 as well. Seems to be RH-specific as Ubuntu is pretty good about the whole deal.

FC3 will probably be my next laptop distro. In combination with NLD I'll be looking at a pretty decent system.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=19;threadid=9958;start=0#msg90317 date=1099936082]
    [quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=19;threadid=9958;start=0#msg90314 date=1099933778]
    Who's Heidelberg?

???
    [/quote]

Every Fedora Core release is named after a city, this one is a german one - the home of the first european Linux conference as I recall.
    [/quote]

Actually not really. Some of the names just happen to be Cities because trademark friendlieness. In reality, every name has a link to the previous name and the next name, however that link can't be the same thing. Have fun figuring out the links (: