Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

md5sum's diffrent on windows

Thread: md5sum's diffrent on windows

md5sum's diffrent on windows

A client application I am writing needs to make use of md5sums. Problem is that windows gives me a diffrent md5sum for the same file that mac os x and Linux give agree on. The actual file does have a few more charecters (for some odd reason) and it seems to happen on every downloaded file. Any ideas what these charecters are and why they are messing up my md5sums ... and more importantly how to remove them?

Re:md5sum's diffrent on windows

Could it be from the CR\LF stuff?

[quote author=Countach44 link=board=25;threadid=9882;start=0#msg89600 date=1097764055]
    Could it be from the CR\LF stuff?
    [/quote]

Very possibly. I'm not sure how to check for it though.

Yup that was it. Files MUST be written in binary mode on windows when transfering via HTTP.