Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

GL not working ati 7000 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GL not working ati 7000

Re:GL not working ati 7000

What errors?

[quote author=trickster link=board=6;threadid=9881;start=0#msg89734 date=1098198954]
    What errors?
    [/quote]

Here are the last 30 lines of the world.log:

fwiw, I haven't tried "make clean" before trying it again (after I had installed the libX-dev libraries.), though I did make sure that I updated the cvs stuff. I wasn't exactly sure how to run the make clean command, whether I would just append the clean option, or if I needed to run it by itself.

~ I should probably figure that out...

Thanks in advance!

M

tiger:/usr/src/dri/xc# tail -30 world.log
    xf86dri.h:104: warning: redundant redeclaration of `XF86DRIDestroyDrawable' in same scope
    ../../../extras/Mesa/include/GL/internal/dri_interface.h:159: warning: previous declaration of `XF86DRIDestroyDrawable'
    rm -f XF86dri.o
    gcc -m32 -c -O2 -gstabs+ -pipe -ansi -pedantic -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Wundef -I../../../exports/include/X11 -I../../../extras/Mesa/include -I../../../include/extensions -I../../../lib/GL/glx -I../../../extras/Mesa/src/mesa/main -I../../../extras/Mesa/src/mesa/glapi -I../../../extras/Mesa/src/mesa/drivers/x11 -I../../../extras/Mesa/src/mesa/x86 -I../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support -I../../../extras/drm/shared -I../../../programs/Xserver/GL/dri -I../../.. -I../../../exports/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -Dlinux -D__i386__ -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO -DXTHREADS -D_REENTRANT -DXUSE_MTSAFE_API -DGLXEXT -DXF86DRI -DGLX_DIRECT_RENDERING -DGLX_USE_MESA -DXF86VIDMODE -DDEFAULT_DRIVER_DIR=\"/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri\" -DUSE_X86_ASM -DXTHREADS -D_REENTRANT -DXUSE_MTSAFE_API XF86dri.c
    In file included from xf86dristr.h:41,
    from XF86dri.c:42:
    xf86dri.h:98: warning: redundant redeclaration of `XF86DRIDestroyContext' in same scope
    ../../../extras/Mesa/include/GL/internal/dri_interface.h:153: warning: previous declaration of `XF86DRIDestroyContext'
    xf86dri.h:101: warning: redundant redeclaration of `XF86DRICreateDrawable' in same scope
    ../../../extras/Mesa/include/GL/internal/dri_interface.h:156: warning: previous declaration of `XF86DRICreateDrawable'
    xf86dri.h:104: warning: redundant redeclaration of `XF86DRIDestroyDrawable' in same scope
    ../../../extras/Mesa/include/GL/internal/dri_interface.h:159: warning: previous declaration of `XF86DRIDestroyDrawable'
    XF86dri.c:592: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
    XF86dri.c:605: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
    rm -f DONE
    touch DONE
    make[5]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/dri/xc/lib/GL/glx'
    making all in lib/GL/GL...
    make[5]: Entering directory `/usr/src/dri/xc/lib/GL/GL'
    make[5]: *** No rule to make target `../../../lib/GL/mesa/drivers/dri/radeon/radeon_context.o', needed by `libGL.so.1.2'. Stop.
    make[5]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/dri/xc/lib/GL/GL'
    make[4]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/dri/xc/lib/GL'
    make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/dri/xc/lib'
    make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/dri/xc'
    make[1]: *** [World] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/dri/xc'
    make: *** [World] Error 2

Okay, here's the latest. I tried "make clean" and that seemed to remove a bunch of stuff, and didn't reveal any errors.

I went ahead and tried it again, and it still gave errors (teh same ones as last time).

Given that my Asus radeon 7000 card isn't using a new chipset, might it "just work" if I had my XF86Config-v file correct?

If anyone has a chance, take a look at the XF86Config-4 file posted above, and let me know if anything's amiss.

As always, thanks!

M

Well, on a desparate move, I deleted my /etc/X11, thinking that I could just reinstall it. I should have resisted this, but I must have been feeling reckless.

My reinstalls have't been successful - perhaps because some stuff was removed from my system inappropriately.

I think i've messed up my libraries too. Is there a way to force reinstall my X system so that everything gets put in the right place?

Thanks,

M

What distribution are you using?

Debian Sarge

[quote author=Mip link=board=6;threadid=9881;start=0#msg89744 date=1098222259]
    make[5]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/dri/xc/lib/GL/glx'
    making all in lib/GL/GL...
    make[5]: Entering directory `/usr/src/dri/xc/lib/GL/GL'
    make[5]: *** No rule to make target `../../../lib/GL/mesa/drivers/dri/radeon/radeon_context.o', needed by `libGL.so.1.2'. Stop.
    make[5]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/dri/xc/lib/GL/GL'
    make[4]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/dri/xc/lib/GL'
    make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/dri/xc/lib'
    make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/dri/xc'
    make[1]: *** [World] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/dri/xc'
    make: *** [World] Error 2
    [/quote]

Dude how many process are you using to `make world', 5? If ever you get an error like this just eerun make without the `-j' option and it should fix you right up or accent the error alot further. Reason for that, is that when you run multiple processes one process will crap out but the others will continue right along. Anyway try to rerun make like I've told you, and never delete anything out of desperation. If you have to delete something, simply back it up to another directory for instance 'mv /etc/X11 /etc/X11.bak' which will save you alot of headaches if you really fsck something up by accident. Anyhow good luck, and happy hacking.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. And you're absolutely right - I don't know why I deleted that stuff - it was really idiotic.

I'm pretty sure that my xlibs are screwed up, because I can't even run vi.

vi: error while loading shared libraries: libXt.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

When I try to locate the libXt.so.6, I only saw it in mozilla.

/usr/lib/mozilla/libXt.so.6

so I tried to get it, but couldn't find it (using aptitude).

so I pulled a copy from another debian box I have at work, and put it in the same place:

/usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6
    /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6.0

I *think* I need to force a reinstall of my libraries, because I've tried reinstalling them the normal way, and stuff like this still seems broken.

I'm contemplating tarring up the data, moving my webserver onto another debian box, and starting over (which I'd really *hate* to do).

Anyway, thanks.

FWIW, the original reason for all of this hacking was to get GL working on an ATI Radeon 7000. The DRI builds I was trying to do were an attempt to use another Xserver, x.org.

Thanks in advance,

M

If you don't have too much personal data on your current install, I'd just reinstall the whole OS since fighting to install X+deps is a b!tch.

Like I said before, when install x.org from cvs you'll get errors like those if you just multiple process, at least I did. If you need help bulding x.org from cvs let me know I'll dig up some links for you.

[quote author=cassius link=board=6;threadid=9881;start=0#msg90062 date=1098994782]
    If you don't have too much personal data on your current install, I'd just reinstall the whole OS since fighting to install X+deps is a b!tch.
    [/quote]

Yeah - but it feels like windows! Seriously though, I might just do it. I also seem to have had better luck detecting hardware on the install than with the xfconfig scripts I've tried running.

Like I said before, when install x.org from cvs you'll get errors like those if you just multiple process, at least I did. If you need help bulding x.org from cvs let me know I'll dig up some links for you.
    Thanks - I'm not sure how best to tackle that. But I'll post my continued trials and tribulations here. The linux community really rocks!

M