Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Internet Radio Round-up

Mentor

Re:Internet Radio Round-up

:

[quote author=Countach44 link=board=14;threadid=9849;start=0#msg89565 date=1097704747]
    tinyurl... I don't trust this...
    [/quote]

:P It's not like it's goatse or tubgirl.

Good Guru

Anyone else have consistent issues with Rhythmbox? I am on Ubuntu right now and have the same crap that SuSE, Red Hat/FC gave. Oh cant forget Slackware too. For some reason the streams love to lock the app up. Any GTK based tool that works well?

[quote author=Schotty link=board=14;threadid=9849;start=0#msg90113 date=1099254775]
    Anyone else have consistent issues with Rhythmbox? I am on Ubuntu right now and have the same crap that SuSE, Red Hat/FC gave. Oh cant forget Slackware too. For some reason the streams love to lock the app up. Any GTK based tool that works well?
    [/quote]

I only had problems with Rhythmbox a few times on Slackware GNU/Linux 10.

[quote author=Schotty link=board=14;threadid=9849;start=0#msg90113 date=1099254775]
    [/quote]

Yes I did. I found it totally unusable for internet radio. I was able to play a station, but forget about stopping it! The only way was to kill the app. However I did have all sorts of luck with Totem. I've found Totem (with xine backend, mind you) to be a fantastic stream player, able to handle most of what you throw at it. It's my main streamer.

Good Guru

Thanks.

gstreamer is still a little... fiddly in some places, but I have had no major problems with it lately running CVS to test video playback.

I can't seem to get any of these links to play. What do you all use to play when you click the links?

I'm using Debian with Mozilla 1.7.3.

[quote author=Saptech link=board=14;threadid=9849;start=0#msg90152 date=1099402632]
    I can't seem to get any of these links to play. What do you all use to play when you click the links?

I'm using Debian with Mozilla 1.7.3.
    [/quote]

Apt-get install totem-xine will fix your problem, I believe. Totem with xine backend plays the stream just fine. If you can't get it to open automatically with moz, just copy the link location and paste it into Open Location in Totem.