Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

GMail
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GMail

GMail

ok so i've got my gmail account thanks to compunuts

i'm extremely impressed with it... i've never been a fan of webmail but this is very promising. it actually feels like a real mail client. right now i'm moving all of my mailing list subscriptions to it... if i still like it in a while i'll probably move all of my mail to it

anyway, i guess i'll probably be able to send invites soon... so if you're interested, pm me with your email address and i'll see what i can do

Re:GMail

I'm in the same boat and I'm pretty impressed as well. It needs some sort of new mail notification though, and a pop3 interface would be nice as well.

Good Guru

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=14;threadid=9413;start=0#msg85343 date=1088354319]
    a pop3 interface would be nice as well.
    [/quote]I don't think it's in the plan since they will probably do ads based mails, it will mainly be web based.
    I'm not an insider so I'm not so sure though. Just a wild guess.

maybe if people were willing to pay like.. 20$ a year they could get imap (everything stays on server ) - I would do that.. unless dnielsen@gmail.com is taken

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=9413;start=0#msg85345 date=1088357363]
    maybe if people were willing to pay like.. 20$ a year they could get imap (everything stays on server ) - I would do that.. unless dnielsen@gmail.com is taken
    [/quote]
    Well you should get on it and get a gmail account to make sure you can get it.

okay hand me an invite and I'll secure my legacy.

only drawbacks so far:
    1) it doesn't work at all in konqueror
    2) the filter support seems to be somewhat lacking... it would be cool if you could add more advanced filters

As far as webmail goes, I like gmail, the konqueror support's a bitch, but keep in mind half the internet doesn't work with konqueror...

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=14;threadid=9413;start=0#msg85353 date=1088359659]
    only drawbacks so far:
    1) it doesn't work at all in konqueror
    2) the filter support seems to be somewhat lacking... it would be cool if you could add more advanced filters
    [/quote]

are you sure about that? I havn't tried konq itself... but i do use safari from time to time, which it works fine in, it just complains about it. *shrugs*

Hrmmm...it's been at least 2 years since I used konq, but back in the day I found it to be the best browser available on Linux. Then mozilla gained some ground and I've never gone back (you'll have to pry firefox from my cold dead fingers). Still though, I seldom had problems with konq and webpages.

Compunuts you're probably right. They're putting a lot of work into web-based features and banking on text-based ads so it probably won't happen. It'd be cool though. At the very least, I hear they're working on new mail notification. Not sure how they're gonna do it (RSS would be cool), but I'll welcome it either way.