Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Dialup with Newer Distros

Thread: Dialup with Newer Distros

Hybrid View

Dialup with Newer Distros

How well does the newer distros that are out with dialup connection?

I haven't been able to get my old 233mhz Thinkpad system to work with dialup since I've had it.

I have two pcmcia cards, one is Zonet and the other is xircom dual nic & modem card.

Thnx.

Good Guru

Re:Dialup with Newer Distros

Check this out.

Also, check out Linmodems page.

AFAIK, Xircom cards are lin modems mostly.

Thnx. for the reply...I will look it over and give it a try. My cable ISP was having problems lately and I haven't been online much. But, the good news is I got 3mb download speed since the problem occurred now.

Good Guru

If you get higher upload, I will download mp3s from you. ;D

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=4;threadid=9840;start=0#msg89442 date=1097390079]
    If you get higher upload, I will download mp3s from you. ;D
    [/quote]
    I think it's 768kb upload but I will have to check it out.

It's Charter Communication in St. Louis and Paul Allen is a majority owner.

Good Guru

He cut some cables so that he can help pay the 10 Million price won by Xship project. :P

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=4;threadid=9840;start=0#msg89484 date=1097506842]
    He cut some cables so that he can help pay the 10 Million price won by Xship project. :P
    [/quote]
    You right he cut cables, the upload speed is just 256k. >

Good Guru

Yeah, I have the same upload speed. But I don't really mind since I don't have much traffic I need for the uploads. Running a few web sites, Mail and SSH traffic don't even need that kind of upload anyway. It's better than some ISPs ( road runner is the one I know ) who blocks the hell out of ports and you can't even test run servers. Many businesses used to run all kinds of servers out of ISDN ( 144K ) lines so we are still better off with the price range although I would imagine true competition could have lower the prices than our monolopy state of communication systems.

fine !!
    Its the great information !