Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

fbsetbg error + weird menu colors in fluxbox

Thread: fbsetbg error + weird menu colors in fluxbox

fbsetbg error + weird menu colors in fluxbox

Hi guys,
    I followed ikaro's guide (ikaro.dk) to change my desktop background using rox-filer, it configures it so that I can right click on any image and set it as my background, but I get this error:

Failed to execute child process "/home/dswissmiss/Choices/SendTo/.image_jpeg/fbsetbg" (permission denied)

How do I get rid of it?

Also, when I run gimp, gaim, rox, fluxbox and others, the menu bar's color is off white or grey, instead of the white color it usually has (in gnome). Is there something wrong with GTK?

Here's a screenshot showing the two problems http://community.webshots.com/photo/...92542941dPwokz

Thanx
    Dswissmiss

Re:fbsetbg error + weird menu colors in fluxbox

Does the file the error is referring to have its permissions set properly? For example, is it supposed to be an executable and thus have the executable bit set?

Hm...I think you're on to something.

In gnome, all my screenshots have full permissions. When I open rox under fluxbox, the permissions for owner are all on, but for group its only set to read, not write. When I select write for group though, the menu that is supposed to appear next to each jpeg to set it as the background is gone.

Hope I'm making sense... I guess this is a pretty unconventional way to change backgrounds in flux, so is there another easy way? I've seen some screenshots that have wallpapers in the drop down menu, which you can just select.

Thanx

Nevermind...I found a way to do it with feh.

But the discoloration problem is really bothering me, I'll post another screenshot to show what I mean

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...93382184gMEOKE