Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Cable

Thread: Cable

Cable

Today, I was helping someone set up a canon printer, only to find out that it doesn't come with the required USB cable, anyone else ran into this?

Re:Cable

I have seen that with some HP's. AFAIK, my previous Epson came w/o cable too.

I ran into it when I bought a Lexmark.

I have never bought a printer that came with the required cable(s) except power. I've bought 5 or 6 printers over the past years either for personal use or for work. For some unexcusable reason they don't package them with the cables > :-\

Good Guru

[quote author=Izan Seth link=board=17;threadid=9806;start=0#msg89089 date=1096153109]
    I have never bought a printer that came with the required cable(s) except power. I've bought 5 or 6 printers over the past years either for personal use or for work. For some unexcusable reason they don't package them with the cables > :-\
    [/quote]

Thats to gouge you. We know that it is possible to not spend $60.00 for a gold plated pine, high performance cable. Thats how best buy, comp usa etc. can make a shitload of money without working hard on it.

Good Guru

Most printed small letter advising that it's NOT included with cable for your printer. But most don't know shit and had to go again to buy it unless the sales person tells them. Lately I don't run into this since I've got plently of them at home already.

They says it's separate piece of equipment even though the printer required to have cable to function. It's the same as when you buy the computer, it doesn't come with a monitor ( or it was that way in the old days anyway; too much bundle shit now adays ) even though you need to look at the monitor to see how your computer function.