Thread: CD Burning

CD Burning

Guys,

Got two questions for you.

One: Is there away to check a blank cd to see if its in goodshape or not?

Two: Is there away to like compare the md5sum of your iso to your burnt cds?

I've been burning all these cds when I run the media tester in FC3-test2 it tells me it fails. So all my cds could be fscked or my toaster is dying.

BTW anyon has any good recomendation for good cdrws?

Thanks.

Re:CD Burning

I don't know the answer for the two questions but I burnt FC3- Test 2 on a Memorex CD-R from the fedora.redhat.com mirror and it's fine.

Good Guru

Check to see if you padded the cd/dvd. I just use default settings, but i forget if you are to or not to pad. That has been an issue known to cause md5 errors. The cd is fine, just since there are zeroes there, a new md5. Check the RHML to see if anyone posted the md5's for the "wrongly burnt" cd's

Argg!

Ok Now I burned a CDR instead of a cdrw. Fedora still gives me the same message.

So I've burnt 5 cds and all fail.

I've gone ahead an gone throught the install but before it starts installing packages it freezes.

Ok now I have nuked my system. Left with only windows.

Well I'guess I'll try to get Fedora installed tommorrow on my day off. All else fails I can install FC2.

Sorry to hear that... FC2 never froze on me and i've installed it on various machines... what packages does it freeze on... and have you tried to d/l from a different mirror or fedora.redhat.com's mirror ?

I remember another thread about someone else with problems with his iso images for fedora. I ended up mailing him some cd's.
    Maybe a bad mirror?

md5sum matches up with the iso. My burner could be getting bad or all my media is bad. Maybe I have an ID ten t issue.

Well, if you want, I can download the iso's and mail them to you. Perhaps that would work.

I finally got it to work trikster. But I got stuck somewhere else. I will prob stick to FC2 for now :-\ Till FC3 is out.

Maybe not maybe I'll give a diff distro a try. Why not have had like 5 distros in the last month..