Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Ubuntu Linux - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Linux

Re:Ubuntu Linux

[quote author=Saptech link=board=7;threadid=9794;start=30#msg90978 date=1102218918]
    I just reinstall it also since the final version. What sources.list file are you all using? The default one or have anybody made changes?

Could you list it if you made changes?

Thnx.

[/quote]

Just uncomment the lines that keep you from using the universe repository. Lots of goodies in there. That's really all I've been using. I'd love to know if anyone has found any good ones, particularly for mono, as mono was a bitch to install.

Ok so maybe that's ONE complaint

Thnx, I'll do that!

kernel panic dev/console not found
    what causes that???

Partial or bad kernel install.

Thats the kicker, the box has been installed for 3 months and gone through a couple of reboots.....

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=7;threadid=9794;start=30#msg90986 date=1102232419]
    [quote author=Saptech link=board=7;threadid=9794;start=30#msg90978 date=1102218918]
    I just reinstall it also since the final version. What sources.list file are you all using? The default one or have anybody made changes?

Thnx.

[/quote]

Just uncomment the lines that keep you from using the universe repository. Lots of goodies in there. That's really all I've been using. I'd love to know if anyone has found any good ones, particularly for mono, as mono was a bitch to install.

[/quote]

Starting with Hoary, Mono is in universe

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=7;threadid=9794;start=30#msg91179 date=1102991478]
    [quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=7;threadid=9794;start=30#msg90986 date=1102232419]

Thnx.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Starting with Hoary, Mono is in universe
    [/quote]

Hoary? Is that the next release of Ubuntu ?

it's the "now in development" version of Ubuntu, you can point your archives to hoary instead of warty and you are on it.

They have already done some good stuff in that branch, like import GNOME 2.9, transition to full UTF-8 (good for us translators) and moved to X.org - not to mention the new update notification and installer programs (which sadly I can't make work on my ubuntu laptop).

Release goals:
    http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/HoaryGoals

Hey - just installed Ubuntu on a 20G partition. How come it didn't install Gnome ? Also, Tyr, the fonts.conf you posted is the exactly the same that i have and it's HUGE. Any ideas why?

[quote author=Shebang link=board=7;threadid=9794;start=30#msg91262 date=1103257824]
    Hey - just installed Ubuntu on a 20G partition. How come it didn't install Gnome ? Also, Tyr, the fonts.conf you posted is the exactly the same that i have and it's HUGE. Any ideas why?
    [/quote]

That's odd. It should install Gnome by default. Try "sudo apt-get install gnome-desktop-environment" and see if that fixes it.

And I'm afraid I don't know regarding the font issue. I uncommented parts of the file to make it like I posted and my fonts look gorgeous. Have you restarted X?