Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Mac G3/300 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mac G3/300

Re:Mac G3/300

Yeah, I tried it on my ibook but instead of just not sleeping, it would sleep and when it came back, it would say something in bash about network and then never restored my x session or anything...pretty much froze...

Go yellowdog. I would steer clear of such a slow machine, you wont want a machine that cant do anything. The ram is small, the processor is way too slow, you'll just spend hundreds just getting it to run the OS's for it.
    My Website: http://ttgale.com
    My Website Uptime: http://img.uptimeprj.com/holastickbo...dee9bae2e2.png
    My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+

Quote Originally Posted by beezlebubsbum
    Go yellowdog. I would steer clear of such a slow machine, you wont want a machine that cant do anything. The ram is small, the processor is way too slow, you'll just spend hundreds just getting it to run the OS's for it.
    My brother got a 266mhz G3 with 320 megs ram. It runs pretty good, haven't quite got ubuntu on it yet, but it should be fine. a new world g3 with only 128mb ram runs it tolerably, so I expect it to run just fine. He's gonna drop 400 bucks on it and put in a bunch of ram and a 1ghz cpu. should run great.
    Registered Linux User #301307 (counter.li.org)
    BOFH Excuse #639:
    NOTICE: alloc: /dev/null: filesystem full

Well I ended up buying a mini mac around this time last year and never did buy the one mention. I haven't tried putting linux on the mini either.

Thnx.
    Microsoft aims to 'borg' Yahoo in $44.6 Billion deal
    "We are Microsoft. Resistance is futile"