Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

patent experience anyone?

Thread: patent experience anyone?

patent experience anyone?

I just thought of this really good invention. I was looking into those 'invention submission' companies and they all seem like scams. Has any of you patented anything? I'm interested in what the whole process is like.

Thanks,

Re:patent experience anyone?

I actually know a patent lawyer (I think he is), if you want, I can get you into contact with him.

[quote author=Countach44 link=board=14;threadid=9768;start=0#msg88744 date=1094764964]
    I actually know a patent lawyer (I think he is), if you want, I can get you into contact with him.
    [/quote]

I would like to... beat him with a ba... talk to him... for science purposes.

So long as you don't link it to me, I don't care.

Good Guru

You don't need no lawers man .... You can do it yourself if you want. But it's complicated process so you may want professional advise if you want want it to screw up ( thus avoiding later reversal of your patent or loosing lawsuits ).
    Once you go through once yourself, you will be good to go.

All you do is file your patent with US patent and trademark office.

Here is the link you need.

You can file for any kind of patents so long as you are the one who invented it.

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=14;threadid=9768;start=0#msg88750 date=1094792967]
    so long as you are the one who invented it.
    [/quote]

Or not...

http://news.com.com/2100-1008_3-5205574.html

Well, you do reserve the right to give away the rights...

Good Guru

Yeap, like what MS does with SMB protocol ...

They just simply choose to ignore the fact that in fact there are those who are using it without patent releases. Credit should be given when it's due.