Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

wireless client

Thread: wireless client

Mentor

wireless client

does anyone know of a wireless software client for linux. they put a wireless network in my building, I have to authenticate to the network and i was wondering if anyone knew of a linux program that could do this.

Mentor

Re:wireless client

trickster i have that installed but i cant get an ip from the access point because i need to put in my network user name and password and i dont see anywhere in the wireless tools to enter a user name and password.

I'll poke around some more.....

Is it WEP or WPA or what?

Mentor

it's wep

but i have a us robitics card and i dont hink it is supported in airsnort to crack the wep

That;s weird. I have never seen a direct Username/Password needed for wireless authentication. Can't you get the WEP key?

Mentor

[quote author=trickster link=board=2;threadid=9766;start=0#msg88733 date=1094732535]
    That;s weird. I have never seen a direct Username/Password needed for wireless authentication.[/quote]
    We authenticate with our domaim name, trying to implement security so it's not an open access point.

Can't you get the WEP key?
    Whats the fun in that? I'd rather get in MY way . If all else fails i'll just ask for the key

with XP you dont need a client ( has one built in ) but in W2k we use a client( they dont make a linux version)

i'll have to play around more with it, i'll keep you posted on my progress

The access point isn't just using WEP it is using 802.1x for authentication. You will need a valid username/password and a computer that can act as a supplicant. Windows XP has supplicant software built in(as do later versions of OSX). As for linux, you will need something like xsupplicant

http://www.open1x.org/

It's a little complicated to set up. You might want to talk to you sysadmin.

Mentor

[quote author=Blaqb0x link=board=2;threadid=9766;start=0#msg88738 date=1094746883]
    The access point isn't just using WEP it is using 802.1x for authentication. You will need a valid username/password and a computer that can act as a supplicant. Windows XP has supplicant software built in(as do later versions of OSX). As for linux, you will need something like xsupplicant

http://www.open1x.org/

It's a little complicated to set up. You might want to talk to you sysadmin.

[/quote]

THAT IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!!

THANKS!!!!