Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

What do you do for FOSS?

Thread: What do you do for FOSS?

Hybrid View

What do you do for FOSS?

Just interested in seeing what we all contribute to the good cause.

Following last nights AAUUG meeting, I'm now a member of the danish translation team, right now we are working on getting GNOME 2.8 to 100%. During the meeting we got DevHelp and DrGeo translated and I did criawips in a fit of insomina - all should be going into today. I can recommend this kind of work to anyone, it's really a good way to brush up on english and your native language for that matter, and you get to understand how much consistency matters.

Here's the status page if anyone is interested
    http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.8/da/index.html

Aside that I do tech support, and public speaking - and I have been known fix compile problems.

not much but it's what I'm capable of, now what do you do?

Re:What do you do for FOSS?

i release the product of my genius upon the world

besides that, i don't do shit for FOSS anymore because i'm starting to get enough of the broken promises and hype which eventually leads to nothing

I've done some minor php work and the like. Nothing big.

i donate $10 or $20 here and there to organizations like mozilla, gnu, gnome, etc. im thinkin bout getting into beta testing.

[quote author=burntash link=board=17;threadid=9733;start=0#msg88403 date=1093635296]
    i donate $10 or $20 here and there to organizations like mozilla, gnu, gnome, etc. im thinkin bout getting into beta testing.
    [/quote]

yup me too, i give $$$

The only thing I have done so far is write a PHP program. Currently, I am working (as time permits) on an open-source chess engine for GNU/Linux.

Good Guru

[quote author=pbharris link=board=17;threadid=9733;start=0#msg88405 date=1093638102]
    [quote author=burntash link=board=17;threadid=9733;start=0#msg88403 date=1093635296]
    [/quote]

yup me too, i give $$$
    [/quote]

Me three. I havent in a while, but have donated ~$1500 or so total. Mostly to apache and linux kernel.