Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have an announcement - I'm retiring

Hybrid View

I have an announcement - I'm retiring

yup.. that's right..

Seeing as I'm getting worse and worse, I applied for early retirements on medical grounds yesterday. So now I stand to be put though some testing by pychoanalytics to see if they can help me, and a work test to see what kind of work I can and cannot do - baring the results I should get my pension or get suitable parttime work (at fulltime pay).

So for once, them social services bastards are actually trying to help me rather than shuffling me around.

Re:I have an announcement - I'm retiring

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=9724;start=0#msg88339 date=1093515272]
    yup.. that's right..

Seeing as I'm getting worse and worse, I applied for early retirements on medical grounds yesterday. So now I stand to be put though some testing by pychoanalytics to see if they can help me, and a work test to see what kind of work I can and cannot do - baring the results I should get my pension or get suitable parttime work (at fulltime pay).

So for once, them social services bastards are actually trying to help me rather than shuffling me around.
    [/quote]
    hope it works out!

thanks.. it's not like I want to sit on my ass, but this is the only solution for now.

May I, ask what health problem you have that would force you to retire at a young age( that's if your young!) And I'm assuming your young!
    Since most old folks don'y use linux.

I have severe Tourette's and ADD, aside that I battle depression... regardless - I'm 23

Mind you I don't intend for this to be permenent, I would like to return to school or a job if or hopefully when my condition improves - because frankly sitting on ones ass every day gets REALLY boring after a while.. and I'm not really cut out for it.

But hopefully someone will invent medication I'm responsive to without having major sideeffects, and I'll be able to lead a normal life.

Good Luck. Sounds like you're trying to get a job out of this work test, clever indeed.

I suffer from schizophrenia, and manic-depression. Don't give up, I mean if even quadriplegics can make huge contributions to the human race what's to stop you?

[quote author=CAssIus link=board=17;threadid=9724;start=0#msg88352 date=1093543800]
    I suffer from schizophrenia, and manic-depression. Don't give up, I mean if even quadriplegics can make huge contributions to the human race what's to stop you?
    [/quote]

I plan to devote my time to open source for now... as I said retiring is a last resort for me and I hope it's not permenent, I would much rather lead a normal life but that isn't possible - I tried.

Well, hopefully the medical field will find a drug to control your health ailment. Myself, have been through major health problems. Just try and not let it get you down! Best of luck!

I'm joining the well-wishers. I'm bi-polar and make no apologies for it. W/o my meds, I can go from yahoo to fuck you in minutes. You have an attitude that seems a bit pessimistic (naturally), but mature. I hope you keep that attitude. May your God go with you.