Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Dlink dwl-g520+ wireless for mandrake 10?

Thread: Dlink dwl-g520+ wireless for mandrake 10?

Dlink dwl-g520+ wireless for mandrake 10?

Is there a way to make this card work under mandrake 10?
    Last time i searched, no drivers were available (several months ago by now). now i've been seeing several threads and pages about wireless support for linux. So now i am wondering if i can get my card to work and how if so.

the AP i use is a dlink dwl-2000ap+
    I have a cable internet connection (isp is telenet belgium)

Re:Dlink dwl-g520+ wireless for mandrake 10?

Thanks for all the replies . I am reading the pages now, i hope i can get this done without having to ask for too much help here . after i read all the pages in the links im going to start trying asap.

Good Guru

I'm thinking about trying DLink as well so let me know if you get success, please.

I want to try Linksys's G router but it only has the rate of 54 Mbps. DLink G router advertised for 108 Mbps. Yours as well?

I seem to be having a second problem. I havent installed gcc yet. When i want to do so, the mandrake install program asks me to insert cd 4? but there are only 3 cd's, i cant find a cd 4 on any of the
    ftp's. does anyone know what to do?

There's another thing i find odd, when i check my hardware in the mandrake config program, my wireless nic seems seems already to be recognized as acx100. might it be already recognized, and how do i set up channel, ip and so on?

thanks

Well i tried a bit, installed the wireless tools, but i am afraid my card isnt properly recognized. in the mandrake configuration panel, i can only choose my "wired" realtek NIC in network settings, and when i try do to configuration for the device recognized as "acx100", first it asks me to select the driver again,i 've tried both manual and auto settings, but it keeps looping back to the driver selection.

can anyone help me on how to get gcc on my pc? i really dont understand why they ask for a cd4 when i try to install it.

I found mandrake disc 4 with gcc on it . i searched on the name of the 4th disc on google and i found a server. so i am a bit further now.

btw, Compunuts, my wireless AP and router are 2 different devices.
    (cable internet connection) but are both dlink. My I think the max bandwidth on my AP is also 54mbps (dwl-2000AP).
    Ill let you know if i can get it to work.