Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Torsmo

Thread: Torsmo

Torsmo

Heya..

Just thought I'd tell you people who are looking for a good system monitor displaying text only.. It's called torsmo and is located at http://torsmo.sourceforge.net/

I've been looking all over the net for a good system monitor, and not one with images and stuff. This one puts itself on the background, and simply displays text. It's very easy to make your own monitor, too.

Here's a screenshot of mine, running on OpenBox (started using it instead of fluxbox today, loving it! AND YES! I LIKE PURPLE!): http://ariel.norlinux.com/~postlogic/openbox.png

Re: Torsmo

Quote Originally Posted by postlogic";p="5730
    http://trosmo.sourceforge.net/
    Broken link?

Fixed. For some reason I consequently typed trosmo, not torsmo. sorry.

This is for local machines? (IE: not like a network server monitor or anything?)

Yes, it is. Although I think it should be possible to make some kind of a pipe to display network information other than your local load.

I just use it as a gdesklets/gkrellms replacement, which is too resource-heavy and pointless for my part. This is simply pure text.

Yea, but gdesklets is nice.

Oh yes. It's extremely pretty. And it has a lot of nice monitors/displays. But it's so pretty intense. And it's a bit of a hassle to set up. This simply just worked. But using Torsmo was just a suggestion. I bet there are more people out there than me who's wondered which app it was that generated text monitoring on misc screenshots.

Gah, bad english.

Thanks for the link postlogic. I have been looking for a nice monitoring app that doesn't require Qt or GTK, and isn't gkrellm.
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7