Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: pbharris and gorn

Re:pbharris and gorn

True, I shop for veggies at the bazar, I get all the veggies we eat for a week for about 150-200 DKK (~30 bucks), plus fruit.

whereas meat costs quite a bit more - being on a tight budget I can recommend adding more veggies to your diet.

Actually vegetarian is probably more expensive, if you bought lots of meat, the up front cost would be higher, but you'd die sooner. Don't need to buy /any/ food when you're dead.

@pbharris: right now i'm in school so that's Detroit. Devon is not far from where I live, but if I'm ever gonna be in Arlington Heights I'll let you know.

Last time I was at the grocery store I was picking up an eggplant as well as some other stuff. Some guy saw me carrying it and asked what it was. He thought it was weird.

[quote author=gorn link=board=21;threadid=9637;start=0#msg88923 date=1095397204]
    Actually vegetarian is probably more expensive, if you bought lots of meat, the up front cost would be higher, but you'd die sooner. Don't need to buy /any/ food when you're dead.

[/quote]

actually meat would be much more expensive in the U.S. - but it is heavily subsidised by the gov.

maddox is f'in funny!!

[quote author=pbharris link=board=21;threadid=9637;start=0#msg88927 date=1095436531]
    [quote author=gorn link=board=21;threadid=9637;start=0#msg88923 date=1095397204]

[/quote]

actually meat would be much more expensive in the U.S. - but it is heavily subsidised by the gov.
    [/quote]

http://www.taxmeat.com/

[quote author=Evilestknight link=board=21;threadid=9637;start=0#msg88928 date=1095444251]

[/quote]Cool, I love screwing with the health of carnivorous humans.

pbharris and gorn:

I've been considering becoming a vegitarian and I think I will take the plung. I've been mulling at it for 6 years or more. But when I've told family and friends they are against it. You guys ever recieved any oposition when you guys made the switch?

I can honestly say every time I see how animals are treated on farms these days I'm beginning to feel obligated to go for the veggies instead -- but I love meat so much when I eat it.

Oh the contradiction, but the good news is despite my gf's deep hatred for it I've introduced vegitarian day in our household -- given time I can probably expand upon the idea, I just have to get her used to it.

Yeah my gf not too happy with me being vegitarian. I still havent started but I am slowly getting rid of all meat products. But I have made a couple vegitatian meals with her. She says if I turn vegan she will break up with me.