Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

pbharris and gorn
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pbharris and gorn

pbharris and gorn

I noticed you guys were vegitarians, and I would like to add more veggies to my diet for various reasons related to health.

Could you post some links to interesting cooking with veggies, because green salad with every meal gets dull.

Re:pbharris and gorn

yea!! i don't like green veggies all of the time either, especially when it is cold out. plus i get hungry again in 2 hours. i eat quite a bit of Italian food (pizza, spagetti, lassana) only not much cheese and i load a bunch of olives, tomatoes, onion, brocilli or spinach on it. it is pretty tastely too. i used to hang out a site call www.veganuniversity.com - but it is really slow and there are many excellent web sites out there with good recipes for cooking with green veggies
    i like some of them here:

http://www.vegkitchen.com/recipes.htm

There are some decent mexican recpies here:
    http://vegetarian.allrecipes.com/directory/2021.asp - the enchilidas a really good, i skip the sour cream though - makes things taste strange.

i really like indian food too. my tolerance for spice has probably tripled since i started eating lots of it. unlike most food in the Chicago area i don't have to read the fine print to see if it is vegatarian or not, becuase most of it is. they use alot of cliantro and califlawer which bot h nutricious, very much so for califlower.

Well I have considered being a vegitarian. I don't eat much vegetable but if decide to start a new rule of life then I would stick to it.

The only thing I could see is that it *might* be more expensive to cook than non vegitarian food. I will bookmark those sights. I am going to be doing all of my cooking pretty soon ;D

Hey sorry for the slow reply, haven't been surfing LJR too much lately (Aside from work, my computer time is diminishing).

Greens are healthy, but there are many other wonderful foods out there, so definitely experiment with more than green salad. Even if it's just by spicing up the salad (Carrots, (good) Tomatoes, olives, arugula/rocket [okay it's a green but it's a more exciting one than lettuce], raw sweet potato, some kind of nuts/seeds).

www.vegweb.com has good recipies, mostly vegan (which is even better ) but some vegetarian too.

Try getting a butternut squash, topped with a bit of olive oil or even just plain. That makes a good side. Or you could do a soup/stew/chilli type thing. Or falafel. Or vegetable-tofu stir fry, with either noodles or rice, maybe peanut sauce too. Some people dislike tofu, if that's the case you could also look into seitan and/or tempeh.

To follow up on Gorn's post, I would highly recommend falafel as a tasty vegetarian dish. It also helps if you have a good Mediterranean restaurant nearby where you can try it out .

Or indian food. Had some good eggplant over rice recently. Wonderful.

hey gorn - if ya are ever up in the arlington hiegts area we can hook up at chow pattie - it is the best indian food *ever*. i don't get down to devon often....

[quote author=pbharris link=board=21;threadid=9637;start=0#msg88827 date=1095052080]
    hey gorn - if ya are ever up in the arlington hiegts area we can hook up at chow pattie - it is the best indian food *ever*. i don't get down to devon often....
    [/quote]

Devon rocks.. But some of the restaurants there just suck badly. I like the new fast food centers and a new restaurant. South Indian (if i'm not mistaken) .. really awesome..

Arlington Heights is a bit far from where i live. I live 2 blocks west of devon.

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=21;threadid=9637;start=0#msg87667 date=1091860371]
    Well I have considered being a vegitarian. I don't eat much vegetable but if decide to start a new rule of life then I would stick to it.

The only thing I could see is that it *might* be more expensive to cook than non vegitarian food. I will bookmark those sights. I am going to be doing all of my cooking pretty soon ;D
    [/quote]

Well where I live, becoming a vegitarian is a great way to save money. Meat for one meal for 2 people is usually in the range of $5 - $10 depending on the quality and cuts you get. You can buy the better part of a week's worth of veggies for the same price. Plus rice and pasta is really cheap too.