Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

mouse
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mouse

mouse

During the OS install (suse9.1) my ps2 mouse was detected and it was fine. After install I can only use the ugly built in laptop mouse.
    Although mouse is connected it is not autodetected.
    Ideas?
    Thanks.

Re:mouse

Does the PS/2 Mouse work with gpm: gpm -m /dev/mouse -t ps2

that's the command i usually start gpm with. Try it with gpm,
    if it works, then it's a X problem most likely..

HTH

I'm pretty sure ps2 on a laptop is still the touchpad (on mine I know it is). Does the touchpad still work with the mouse plugged in? If so, you need to call a switch somehow.

[quote author=Shebang link=board=3;threadid=9596;start=0#msg87309 date=1091052117]
    Does the PS/2 Mouse work with gpm: gpm -m /dev/mouse -t ps2

that's the command i usually start gpm with. Try it with gpm,
    if it works, then it's a X problem most likely..

HTH
    [/quote]

Didn't help :'(

[quote author=Countach44 link=board=3;threadid=9596;start=0#msg87340 date=1091125798]
    I'm pretty sure ps2 on a laptop is still the touchpad (on mine I know it is). Does the touchpad still work with the mouse plugged in? If so, you need to call a switch somehow.
    [/quote]

Any ideas as how to make a switch (you are right, touchpad works and that's it)

I don;t get the idea ... why would I need the touchpad driver if my touchpad works. I need my external mouse to work (conencted to ps2 port) instead of touchpad.

I don;t get the idea ... why would I need the touchpad driver if my touchpad works. I need my external mouse to work (conencted to ps2 port) instead of touchpad.

[quote author=elovkoff link=board=3;threadid=9596;start=0#msg87407 date=1091201316]
    [/quote]
    My bad. should have read your post first.
    Try checking your BIOS. My laptop has a setting for disabling the touchpad when a mouse is present

why not set X up with two mouses?