Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Slack rocks!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slack rocks!

Slack rocks!

Since I left slack. I've been Debian->Gentoo->Suse and now Slack again. Man Slack is great.

Lovechild:

Slack is about as fast as my Gentoo install.

I rediscovered my love. Slack.

If you haven't given it a try lately do it. It fscking rocks.

Re:Slack rocks!

I'd definately have to say it's my favorite distro.

I don't turn on my computer without it. (parody of american express) ;D

Ditto && Ditto.

I love my slack box.

Left it at 11:30 by 9:30, which will be when I get home. I should have dropline gnome. ;D

I just have to manually configure a couple things which is no big deal.

Slack rocks!

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=7;threadid=9607;start=0#msg87413 date=1091205789]

Lovechild:

Slack is about as fast as my Gentoo install.

[/quote]

Didn't I tell you this about.. a month ago on jabber, but then you didn't believe me... You know I have to now "I told you so".

:P

Well there was a diff between Debian to Gentoo.

Dropline is installed. But gnome seems much slower. Might go back to plain 2.6 gnome.

Crap. I didn't know Slack autodetected and setup my hardware. wow!. Lot of changes since 8.1 or so. That was the only disadvantage I thought. I almost blew my ear drums out and woke everyone on the neighboorhood trying to get my audio working. I had both my stereo and my volumes up. Then I moved PCM and thats the source of my ringing ears and possibly angry neighbors.

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=7;threadid=9607;start=0#msg87452 date=1091258406]
    Dropline is installed. But gnome seems much slower. Might go back to plain 2.6 gnome.
    [/quote]

Dropline GNOME may be fancier and have more graphical tools. However, in my case also, it caused a performance lag.