Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dropline GNOME !! WOW !!

Re:Dropline GNOME !! WOW !!

"Testing"? But Ximian didnt work on it I think. Not sure what distro to go to. Not affraid of getting a little dirt on my hands.

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=6;threadid=9590;start=0#msg87355 date=1091137419]
    Well I think after three years I might just go back to slack. Gentoo broke with an update I intended. Suse's Yast is now broken after only a week of use. I tried to upgrade to 2.6 and it broke yast. Now I cant remove or install anything. It says it does it but its not true. Debian was good too. But a bit outdated. Maybe its time to go back to a simple Distro. I'm disappointed with Suse. Hopefully pro will be better. I doubt it.
    [/quote]

Excellent Decision!

Slackware 10 really rocks! And if you are a GNOME fan, you also have the advantage of Dropline

Kind Mastermind

While I am a fan of both Slack and Debian, I must say that Slack 10 has been, well, problematic. Of course, the problems that I have been having are really learning opportunities in disquise. It is the typical "I've just upgraded and now I need to work through some changes"-type of situation. No big deal.

My only problems with Dropline stem from one package being corrupted (and thus the whole install was fubared) and some cryptic install issue. I am going to try changing the default server where the dropline-installer downloads the packages from, maybe that will solve the problem.

I downloaded Xandros OC and plan on giving it a try. Who knows, maybe I'll reinstall Debian and put it into testing mode. Might be fun (might be another round of headaches, too!).

Cheers

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=6;threadid=9590;start=30#msg87375 date=1091154256]
    the problems that I have been having are really learning opportunities in disquise.
    [/quote]

every problem is a learning opportinity in disguise

For some reason I installed Dropline and its slower than default slack gnome install. ???