Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dropline GNOME !! WOW !!

Good Guru

Dropline GNOME !! WOW !!

How in bloody carnations could Red Hat have a less superior GNOME? Well Dropline is by far the best GNOME 2.6 I have seen yet (FC2, MDK 10, SuSE 9.1, Slackware stock).

Thumbs up bigtime here !

Kind Mastermind

Re:Dropline GNOME !! WOW !!

Downloading it right now!

Good Guru

Yes, another GNOME convert !

MWHAHAHA!!

[quote author=Schotty link=board=6;threadid=9590;start=0#msg87230 date=1090983303]
    How in bloody carnations could Red Hat have a less superior GNOME? Well Dropline is by far the best GNOME 2.6 I have seen yet (FC2, MDK 10, SuSE 9.1, Slackware stock).
    [/quote]

just for the record, Suse 9.1 has Gnome 2.4 with some Ximian patches, but not 2.6

edit: and MDK 10 also has Gnome 2.4 instead of 2.6

but oh well, except for the spatial nautilus and the new file selection dialog there aren't any really noticable changes between 2.4 and 2.6 anyway... except that it got even slower

I was a kde guy until I got dropline.

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=6;threadid=9590;start=0#msg87249 date=1090998420]
    except that it got even slower
    [/quote]

By slower can I assume you meant faster? Yeah I'm gonna assume you meant faster It's MUCH more snappy for me than 2.4 was! Could be that nautilus and epiphany have had work done on them (two main offenders)

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=6;threadid=9590;start=0#msg87258 date=1091016243]
    By slower can I assume you meant faster? Yeah I'm gonna assume you meant faster It's MUCH more snappy for me than 2.4 was! Could be that nautilus and epiphany have had work done on them (two main offenders)
    [/quote]

nautilus was faster but much more annoying... i didn't notice any difference for epiphany. but when it comes to the general impression of speed throughout the desktop, it was much worse

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=6;threadid=9590;start=0#msg87239 date=1090987004]
    [/quote]

That is weird! I used the dropline-installer to download and install Dropline...unfortunately, there was an error some place (it wouldn't let me see what the error was). Well, none of my programs would load after I exited from the installer. No problem, I just rebooted. Big problem...now I can't log on! Neither the root nor the one user account can log in. This is bizarre!

Time to reinstall Slackware.

Cheers

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=6;threadid=9590;start=0#msg87268 date=1091026830]
    [quote author=stryder144 link=board=6;threadid=9590;start=0#msg87239 date=1090987004]
    [/quote]

That is weird! I used the dropline-installer to download and install Dropline...unfortunately, there was an error some place (it wouldn't let me see what the error was). Well, none of my programs would load after I exited from the installer. No problem, I just rebooted. Big problem...now I can't log on! Neither the root nor the one user account can log in. This is bizarre!

Time to reinstall Slackware.

Cheers
    [/quote]
    You might have to run
    Code:
    dropline-installer --force
    Reinstalling seems kind of harsh! Can't you go in single user mode?

Kind Mastermind

I could go single-user mode, but I need to change some partition configurations. I kind of installed it on my second hdd without much thought to how I wanted to structure the hdd. This will give me an opportunity to do so. Plus, I'm on vacation, so this is what I am doing to entertain myself .

Cheers