Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DOOM 3 GOES GOLD!!!!

DOOM 3 GOES GOLD!!!!

The wait is over, the time is upon us. DOOM 3 has gone GOLD (Meaning headed for the production lines) and should be arriving in stores August 1st (On sale Aug 3rd)

I suppose it is time to update our hardware now isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Hollenshead

IT'S DONE!!!!!!!

Yes, this is the official word that DOOM 3 has been code released and has been approved for manufacturing!
    It won't be long now until the anticipation ends and the PH34R begins ;-) We literally just hung up with Activision and have confirmed that our latest release candidate has been mutually approved and is finally GOLD. Thanks to everyone for their patience (yeah right! =) and for everyone at id, Activision and our numerous partners for helping us create what I believe is absolutely the best game we have ever made.

So, the next question is release dates. Retailers in the States will be allowed to pick up games starting at 12:01 AM on August 3rd. The official street date is actually August 5th in the U.S.A., but some of your favorite stores will probably have it early for those of you who have to have it first. Check with your local retailer for that information.

Internationally, the game will take a few more days to make it to the store shelves. The UK will probably get it first, on or about August 6th. Everywhere else will probably be Friday, August 13th (que Twilight Zone Theme) or close to that date, with just a few exceptions (e.g. Russia and Poland). This isn't because we don't have love for you folks outside the U.S., but the localization and manufacturing process takes a bit longer outside the U.S. where we will have JVC run 24/7 to get the units built. I guess the European manufacturers prefer to give their employees nights and weekends off. Go figure!

The champagne is flowing here at id and smiles abound!

I'll update again with some DOOM 3 preparation tips (not what hardware to buy - you'll have to wait for a programmer for that sort of thing). In the meantime, I want to see those "DOOM 3 GOLD!!!" threads set new records for swamping message board servers, destroying productivity, and post counts ;-)

Recapping today's headlines....DOOM 3 GOLD!!!

:w00t:

Although part of me is, shall I say frightened about what kind of hardware I may have to sell my soul to buy ^_^

Advisor
    god... i may have to run closed source software..., cause D3 is gonna rule

maccorin?? Using Closed Source Software???:shock:

Maybe I should hang on to my soul, I may be needing it shortly..... ***Gulp***

Mentor
    ZennouRyuu, Thanks, I did NOT want to point out that little inconstancy! But it would be for a good cause!

So...... when WILL we be hearing about the HW requirements??

Sad news. we've been lied to again by the gaming industry, it seems now as though the Linux client will not (ever) be in the box. and will likely only be hidden away in some download corner. Further it will not be realeased with the Windows version, but "shortly after" (which if they follow BioWare's fine example, perhaps we could expect it withen a year)

As for the hardware requirements they will be released tommorow (provided that is truth as well) and will undoubedly start with 'windows'

If it wasn't for disappointment, I wouldn't have any appointments.

Ugh,..... and some people wonder why it is I fulfill the textbook definition of "anti-social".

Associate
    Quote Originally Posted by ZennouRyuu
    Sad news. we've been lied to again by the gaming industry, it seems now as though the Linux client will not (ever) be in the box. and will likely only be hidden away in some download corner. Further it will not be realeased with the Windows version, but "shortly after" (which if they follow BioWare's fine example, perhaps we could expect it withen a year)

As for the hardware requirements they will be released tommorow (provided that is truth as well) and will undoubedly start with 'windows'
    but at least there is a linux client..

its better than nothing, isnt it?

and, as i remember, ut2003 and ut2004 have linux support out of the box.. or is the 'linux_installer.sh' something else?

and anyway.. the HW reqs for windows will prolly be just a tad higher than the linux specs..

oh well.. i just hope i can run it..