Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Boot Problem

Thread: Boot Problem

Boot Problem

Well Friday I installed SimplyMepis Linux from the livecd version and everything seem to went fine. After booting into Windows and rebooting back into Mepis I get this. The boot screen show the normal bootup info and then seems to stop at this point.

Setting up X server socket directory /tmp/.X11-unix..done
    Setting up ICE socket directory /tmp/.ICE-unix..done

Once it gets to the ICE socket line is when it doesn't go any further.
    This happens from the hard drive and booting from the floppy disk.

Any ideas/suggestions on what could be wrong.

Thnx.

Re:Boot Problem

hello,
    I would boot into runlevel 1 and then do a rm -rf /tmp/.*. it looks like there is a file in there for X that is causing this, something similar happened to me years ago and that fixed it.

Thnx, I'll give it a shot.

[quote author=pbharris link=board=1;threadid=9569;start=0#msg87132 date=1090815570]
    hello,
    I would boot into runlevel 1 and then do a rm -rf /tmp/.*. it looks like there is a file in there for X that is causing this, something similar happened to me years ago and that fixed it.
    [/quote]
    I tried it and it still boots to that same spot and stop.

I'm just going to reinstall and see what happens. If it does it again, o well, on to something else.