Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

mysql backup - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mysql backup

Re:mysql backup

Yeah, I figured you'd assume '--no-data' would mean what it says. It means you don't want the data from the database, just the structure.

Good Guru

[quote author=elovkoff link=board=4;threadid=9557;start=0#msg87299 date=1091047771]
    after all I'm thining about mysql-based NetOffice into the enterprise
    [/quote]
    Hey, I'm looking at that setup too. When you get it done, can you let me know how it goes and basic setup info??

TIA.

[quote author=praetorian link=board=4;threadid=9557;start=0#msg87310 date=1091056191]
    Yeah, I figured you'd assume '--no-data' would mean what it says. It means you don't want the data from the database, just the structure.
    [/quote]

Guys, I DO need data - I have lot's of information in the tables and it has also versioning system embedded in the datatbase so I need the backup of the files as well.
    What's the point in NOT backing the data?

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=4;threadid=9557;start=0#msg87318 date=1091082405]
    [quote author=elovkoff link=board=4;threadid=9557;start=0#msg87299 date=1091047771]
    after all I'm thining about mysql-based NetOffice into the enterprise
    [/quote]
    Hey, I'm looking at that setup too. When you get it done, can you let me know how it goes and basic setup info??

TIA.
    [/quote]

Compunuts, I've been running it already for a year. Besides a little bug with the uploaded file size, the whole program is AWSOME - no issues, works like a charm. we have 10-20 users using it but we plan to expand it to 100 (if tha goes well, then it will be hopefully made a part of our portal for 3000 users.
    I still have to upgrade it to the latest version.
    As to the setup - it is extremely easy, web-based. The only issue I've ancountered during the setup was some error message, but then I realized that it was actually me who installed apache without php-mysql plugin.
    Overall, I'm a huge fan of NetOffice and I'm working on convincing my boss to send those guys some money...after all we are one of the biggest law firms in canada, we could spare some for OpenSOurce support imho :-)

[quote author=elovkoff link=board=4;threadid=9557;start=0#msg87329 date=1091117054]
    [quote author=praetorian link=board=4;threadid=9557;start=0#msg87310 date=1091056191]
    [/quote]

Guys, I DO need data - I have lot's of information in the tables and it has also versioning system embedded in the datatbase so I need the backup of the files as well.
    What's the point in NOT backing the data?
    [/quote]
    I think he said the --no-data switch as an example. An instance where you'd want to backup only database structure would be for test environments, or for starting something from scratch while still using the application.

got it. thanks.

guys, here comes another question, I do 'mysqldump -u root -p netoffice > 12.sql' and it works.
    The problem is it prompts me for password and I can't have it as I need to run dump in unattended mode through cron. If I add -p <password> to the command string it didn't accept it.
    Any ideas how I can achieve it?
    Thanks.

Mentor

try:

--password=<password>

worked like a charm, thanks.
    Now I have to specify the cron entry that will look like this:

20 23 * * * mysqldump -u root --password=2w3e4r netoffice > 11.sql

I don;t like the idea of having clear-texdt pass in cron, is there anyway to avoid it?

Thanks.

make a shell script for it and have cron run the shell script