Thread: burning isos to cd

burning isos to cd

I downloaded slackware 10 from linux iso, and could have sworn when I downloaded 9.1 from there it came as an iso file that I could just burn

But when I downloaded slack 10 it didnt come as an already iso it came with different files and folders in the .rar, so i tried bittorent and got the same files,

so I was wondering how do I make these file into an iso so that I can burn them, like i did for 9.1, Im using windows
    also how come these werent already put in a ready to burn iso, like 9.1 was

thanks

Re:burning isos to cd

There is an ISO. Get it there: http://slackware.com/torrents/index.html

I would recommend downloading the ISO rather than turning what you have into an ISO just because it's easier (if you have a good connection that is) Else it depends on your burning software, you'll need to make the image bootable.

Also, check http://slackware.com/getslack. Some of the mirros have iso's.

http://tinyurl.com/5tuww

Of course it would be alot smarter to go with a pre-cooked iso. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=SuperRobotic link=board=1;threadid=9550;start=0#msg86950 date=1090451025]
    I downloaded slackware 10 from linux iso, and could have sworn when I downloaded 9.1 from there it came as an iso file that I could just burn

But when I downloaded slack 10 it didnt come as an already iso it came with different files and folders in the .rar, so i tried bittorent and got the same files,

so I was wondering how do I make these file into an iso so that I can burn them, like i did for 9.1, Im using windows

thanks
    [/quote]

That's really odd. I just finished downloading both disks from linuxiso and they were in iso format. I wonder what the reason for was for you getting rar files instead of iso's. Wierd.

Cheers

I'd suggest not using the rar files and what not. And remember to check your md5sums.

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=1;threadid=9550;start=0#msg86959 date=1090454848]
    [quote author=SuperRobotic link=board=1;threadid=9550;start=0#msg86950 date=1090451025]

thanks
    [/quote]

That's really odd. I just finished downloading both disks from linuxiso and they were in iso format. I wonder what the reason for was for you getting rar files instead of iso's. Wierd.

Cheers
    [/quote]
    Winrar defaults to associating .iso's with itself. So even if you download an iso, it will have a rar icon and open with Winrar.

thanks everybody, i thought it was odd that i couldnt find an iso

and trickster you are right about the winrar thing so i guess I really do have the iso's, I should have checked the properties first, thanks everybody

with any luck i will have slack 10 installed by tonight