Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

what's wrong with this config

Thread: what's wrong with this config

Hybrid View

what's wrong with this config

Just playing around with samba on rh9, here is the share definition I've provided in the smb.conf.
    [backup]
    comment = Central directory for Linux backups
    path = /opt/backup
    browsable = yes
    guest ok = yes
    writable = yes
    public = yes
    I CANNOT CONNECT TO THIS SHARE
    When I go to start>run and type \\penguin1 I get 'penguin 1 is not accessible, access is denied'

nbtstat -A <IP address> from windows and nmblookup <IP address> from Linux work with no problem and show all the entries needed.
    Any ideas why I cannot connect?
    Thanks.

Re:what's wrong with this config

Have you defined somewhere who the gues user is?

Good Guru

have you run smbpasswd for the user(s)?

[quote author=Schotty link=board=4;threadid=9549;start=0#msg86969 date=1090479539]
    have you run smbpasswd for the user(s)?
    [/quote]

smbpasswd for the guest?

[quote author=Countach44 link=board=4;threadid=9549;start=0#msg86947 date=1090448594]
    Have you defined somewhere who the gues user is?
    [/quote]

Sorry for the silly question - how would I do that ? I was under impression that guest is like anonymous - no config needed.

Mentor

here is a couple of real easy questions? ( i always say start with the most obvious ones )

Do you have anyother shares that work?
    Did you create the /opt/backup directory?
    Do you have in your sbm.conf Workgroup = penguin1?

Try removing the guest ok = yes line and restart samba and see what happens.

could you post your whole smb.conf file maybe we could help more if we had the whole thing.

Guys, thank for help but I have decided to go anopther route...I needed share for the placing the files from other linux boxes and backing it up from share using Arcserver running on the NT box.
    I've decided to use another approach - install SSH sevrer on W2K then have cron jobs from each linux box that will scp it to the W2K box. The backup will pick it up from there. So, I'm not gonna deal with samba approach anymore.