Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Dropline Gnome & Mozilla

Thread: Dropline Gnome & Mozilla

Dropline Gnome & Mozilla

Since I installed Dropline Gnome on Slack 10, whenever I try to run Mozilla, Firefox starts. Any ideas about why this is happening? Even if I specify the direct path to mozilla (/usr/bin/mozilla)...Firefox has its own path.

Should I remove & reinstall Mozilla?

Thnx.

Re:Dropline Gnome & Mozilla

If I recall correctly Dropline installs it's version of Mozilla. Are there any specific errors/warnings messages in your terminal?

No, it just opens Mozilla-Firefox.

Does it do this even when you type "mozilla" in a terminal? If so it's probably your mozilla startup script. Type "which mozilla" and edit that file with your favorite editor. Try making it point to /usr/lib/mozilla/mozilla or wherever your mozilla is installed.

If "mozilla" from a terminal works fine, it's probably just your launcher. You'll have to find out where Dropline keeps its .desktop files ( /usr/share/applications on fedora ) and edit mozilla.desktop to point to the right binary. Or just right-click on the mozilla icon and edit the launcher (if that's working for you).

Starting Mozilla from the desktop icon and a term window, Firefox starts. When I type which mozilla it points to /usr/bin/mozilla and which mozilla-firefox points to /usr/bin/mozilla-firefox. I created a new icon for mozilla and firefox starts.

It seems after creating a new icon for mozilla and logging out & in, it works now.

Thnx for the suggestions.