Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Asus Anti-Linux Attitude Sucks

Thread: Asus Anti-Linux Attitude Sucks

Asus Anti-Linux Attitude Sucks

I found this article on MozillaQuest website and thought it is pretty interesting. I always thought Asus mobo was pretty good with running linux.

Does anybody here have an asus mobo? How does it stack up to running linux.

http://www.mozillaquest.com/Linux04/..._Story-01.html

Motherboards are the heart of today's computer systems. Thus, a computer system that employs a motherboard that does not support the Linux operating system precludes Linux from running on that computer -- regardless of who puts that computer system together . . .

Mentor

Re:Asus Anti-Linux Attitude Sucks

I have a friend with an Asus mobo and he has Suse 9.1 running on it fine.

Poorly written article. Still, let your money do the talking. Problem solved.

Mentor

I agree. I think it was a VERY poorly written article. And the thing is, that the criteria for it to be working in windows, is that it has to WORK, thats all. Secondly, no companies really support linux.

[quote author=CP link=board=13;threadid=9546;start=0#msg86922 date=1090394099]
    I agree. I think it was a VERY poorly written article. And the thing is, that the criteria for it to be working in windows, is that it has to WORK, thats all. Secondly, no companies really support linux.
    [/quote]

VIA has publicly stated that they aim to support Linux as well as OpenBeOS (Haiku) on their own stuff, like the Eden platform.

Good Guru

[quote author=CP link=board=13;threadid=9546;start=0#msg86922 date=1090394099]
    [/quote]

nVIDIA does. Orinoco does. Intel does.

TYAN supports Linux - they even provide LM sensor file for thier mainboards. plus sound, network...

ive never had problems with linux and asus.

Good Guru

Well, I must confess, that there is a difference between works, and supported.

nVIDIA supports (for money though), Intel supports. But Linksys just works. Chirst, there are alot of manufacturers who just repackage some other authors work (like Linksys was doing).