Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

The Greatest Band of All Time - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Greatest Band of All Time

Re:The Greatest Band of All Time

Queen invincible, except for AIDS. Pink Floyd is nice for those times when you just wanna float away. Beatles, they're okay though alittle played out.

By the way what hit songs did the Funk Brothers perform, I've never heard off them before.

They were the band to play behind all those great singers for Motown...and they wrote the music to most of the songs.

[quote author=Saptech link=board=17;threadid=9534;start=0#msg86846 date=1090266788]
    They were the band to play behind all those great singers for Motown...and they wrote the music to most of the songs.

[/quote]
    Doesn't matter. If it is not their hit, it is not their hit. You can't say how much it belongs to the musicians, how much to the singer and how much to the songwriter.

If that was the case, more than 50% or os of modern music (last 30 years) can be alluded to have influence, rythm and lyrics from the Beatles.

This is not really supposed to be any debate about who is the best but stating the facts.

I never did say, they had, I said they played on!!! ;D

Mentor

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=17;threadid=9534;start=0#msg86822 date=1090252976]
    [quote author=boblucci link=board=17;threadid=9534;start=0#msg86817 date=1090250005]
    ABBA is the greatest band of all time ;D
    [/quote]

please tell me you're joking
    [/quote]

would you perfer Men at Work?

Good Guru

I am much more partial to Joe Satriani.

[quote author=boblucci link=board=17;threadid=9534;start=0#msg86851 date=1090267842]
    would you perfer Men at Work?
    [/quote]

uhhh i don't even know them

That is fortunate, you should keep it that way.

Mentor

the are from the land down under

i guess it's all for the better that you've never heard of them.

What is your criterium for the Greastest Band of all time? Is it based solely on sales? If thats the case you HAVE to go with The Beatles. They have sold over a billion records wordwide, 163.5 million in the US alone as of 2001.